2/14 Buzz AMPS: 212, PMPS: 82

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sarah and Buzz, Feb 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Yesterday's condo: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6211&p=62199#p62199

WCR: Buzz is good today. She was harassing her brother earlier, and when he wouldn't put up with it, she moved on to the poor dog.

Wondering if this 212 is because she went so low last night (48). I will be getting checks in today so we'll see where the cycle goes. Since she did go below 50, should I reduce the dose or leave it at 1.0u? I left it for this morning's shot.

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 2/14 Buzz AMPS: 212/Dosing question

Buzz is still a "newly diagnosed" kitty and below 50 earns a decrease. I'm sure others will be by to confirm.

I would keep an eye on Buzz's numbers this morning. That wasn't an especially high AMPS (i.e., it doesn't really seem to be a big bounce) and you shot the old dose. You will want to make sure Buzz doesn't drop too low so spot checks will be in your future!

3. Sarah and Buzz

Ok, I will wait to see what others think too, and I will definitely be getting checks in today. :)

4. Sarah and Buzz

+3.5: 121

5. Sarah and Buzz

+5: 60

6. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Seems like Buzz wants to move down a little on the dosing scale, eh? :mrgreen: She has got some good numbers on her SS. Keep up the good work Sarah and Buzz flip_cat

7. Sarah and Buzz

+6: 68

Yep, Paige, I think she's eager to move on. :) She hasn't hit <50 today, though, so she might be here for another day. Which is fine with me; she seems to be feeling great today! We had a nice 15 minute play session. She isn't, and has never been, much of a playing kitty. She will sit and watch her brother and sister play, never really wanting to get involved. We call her the Schoolmarm because she looks on disapprovingly while they other two make fools of themselves. ;)

8. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Isn't it amazing when they start to feel so much better when their numbers start to get lower from where they were for so long? Webber has been playing alot more lately too. 15 minutes is quite a playtime!!! I've also heard it is good to bring down the numbers.

Glad Buzz is feeling better. Huggs!!!!

9. Sarah and Buzz

+8.5: 75
    PMPS: 82

Reduced the dose tonight from 1u to 0.75u. Although she did not go below 50 in this morning's cycle, she did last night. She has been going lower at night than in the daytime, so between what Tilly says, Sienne's concurrence, and my gut instinct, I decided to lower. We will see if it pans out. :) Fingers and paws crossed.

10. Sarah and Buzz

PM +3: 144

I have a feeling she will be in yellow in the morning. At least her ears will get a break tonight. ;) Probably only one more test at +5 for tonight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.