2/14 Jake AMPS 246....

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Bo & Jake, Feb 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bo & Jake

Bo & Jake Well-Known Member

Good morning LL!
    This morning is lil rebound from yesterday's green day. Hope he comes back to nice #s!
    Nothing new to say about Jake.The same old story.
    JOJO,I see You behind closed door! Ha,ha :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT
    No,jake didn't loose any weight. I'm still trying very hard but ....don't know!We visit vet 3 weeks ago
    just for check up and lil talk. I asked her about weight and she said; "he gained weight because his BG is more stabilazed
    and all calories are going into body weight. he is not very active but he is not eating that much.(1can5.5oz and 1/4)
    Otherwise he is doing fine.
    Hope you feel better!
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6159

2. jojo and bunny

jojo and bunny Member

lolol! i knew that when you posted your "next day condo" that i was gonna be in trouble for still being here from yesterday! :lol:
    yes bo, i am going to bed now. i just got stuck having to stay awake when i really shouldn't be cause needed to get some meds into one of my 19 yr old cat that was being difficult. :roll:

did you go to janet's charts and add up the calories for what he is eating in one day? do that (ask for help if you need) and post it next time you see me around and lets see if there is room to take away a few calories. you do feline weight loss by number of calories and sneaking a little out. it is a very slow process.
    but what i don't get is why he gain so much weight while on wet food only and not a lot of wet food either. (yes what vet said is true, but he wasn't losing weight when not regulated so that doesn't really apply to his case). does he get treats?

okay okay going to bed! promise!
    ni-ni bo! kisses to jake for me.....

3. Bo & Jake

Re: 2/14 Jake AMPS 246 +4 244...

Yellow surf! I'll try and not poke till PMPs and maybe find surprise!
    (I just say 'try", try not to poke)
    Have a nice Sunday,everyone!

4. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    I am sure Jake will be down from that number in no time and back into some decent looking ones.

Jake, maybe try for some of the nice greens again?

Good luck on the weight thing; Maybe you can find a few foods that Jake likes as much but have a few less calories in them. Right now, I am just watching more the carbs for Shadoe, but I know the day will come when we will be looking more at the calories and hope we can find her waist again.

I know they can be fussy if you start messing with their favorites, so maybe you will be able to mix some of Jake's favorite in with the healthier ones.

I hope you two have a fabulous Valentines day today, so no low cal for Jake today!

5. JaniceandSpike

JaniceandSpike Well-Known Member

Morning Bo and Happy Valentines Day! Spike is a 16 pounder and vet said same thing about regulation and holding the weight. I do make him run around the house sometimes and he does climb the stairs to go upstairs a few times a day. Maybe you can develope an exercise program for Jakey.
    Are you watching the olympics and cheering for your Canadian favorites?

6. Bo & Jake

Re: 2/14 Jake AMPS 246 +8115....

Well...I did poke! Glad he is out of yellow!
    Gayle and Janice about Jake's food/weight
    He eats anything and everything---no picky eater! That's where the problem is.
    Most he is on Wellness LC-from Janet & Binky list.
    Till now he was eating 1 and 1/4 can of 5.5oz 270 cal.
    I'll try to go with only 1 can and lil boiled chicken. Will take him to vet in a month.
    He was 18.8 lb 3 weeks ago. Hope he can loose few oz.

7. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I think taking away 20% of his calories per day may be a bit much.
    He is essentially currently getting 5 quarter cans of food per day, and taking away 1/4 can per day is 20%.
    I think making it 1 can plus 1/8 can, may be what you should try for. I think we have been told to just take a little away from each meal. I could be totally wrong.

Happy Valentines Day, Bo & Jake
    [​IMG]

8. KT & Buckwheat

KT & Buckwheat Member

Happy Valentine's Day Bo and Jake! Weight loss, hmm. We've had no luck here with Buckwheat. He screams all day for food but I have started giving smaller portions, i.e. dividing a 5.5 oz. can into 6 portions instead of 4. It's slow going and he complains about the lesser portion. Who knew cats are mathematical? :cool:

9. Bo & Jake

PMPS 142 +4 205.....

Who said that blue + yellow= green?
    Ya,maybe only on Easter egg!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.