2/14 Morris AMPS 178, +8~64, PMPS 91

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Brenda and Morris, Feb 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

Yesterday: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6184

Morning LLanders!!! :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:
    Morris earned himself a dose reduction yesterday by going down to 38 at +6, a few hours before normal nadir...he's now getting .25u if I can see it to properly dispense it! :shock:

He is eating like there's no tomorrow...trying to put some of his weight back on probably. He does seem like skin and bones to me...from 26 lbs most of his life, then down to 17 lbs. when he was put on low carb and now only 14 lbs. I know that probably sounds like a lot to those with petite 9 lb. cats but Morris is "big boned". :lol: :lol: :lol:

The only problem that remains is the diarrhea and THAT even seems to be getting better...not 100% but maybe 40%?? And there was one last night that was about 65% so I'm hopeful.

Company again today...I'm hosting a jewelry making retreat this weekend with friends that I met last summer at the William Holland School of Lapidary Arts. We are teaching each other and having a ball! Morris is taking it all in but isn't too upset...he likes the extra attention.

Looks like a beautiful day...probably freezing cold out but it "looks" nice! flip_cat

2. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Re: 2/14 Morris AMPS 178

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY TO OUR DEAR MORRIS & BRENDA!!!!!
    What a GREAT WCr from Morris!! Brenda-another dose crease!! You two are doing FANTASTIC--have a great time today..
    Sending a million HUGS to you!! Happy Hearts Day!!

3. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Today's report= 57°F | 42°F since you asked... :lol: (at least the sun is shining!)

So happy to read this report today about how well Morris seems to be doing!! This is great news Brenda! :mrgreen:
    You sound so upbeat and positive and I know that seeing him eating and all makes you feel so relieved and happy. I am thrilled that he is doing so much better. Great job Brenda! :thumbup

So, this means he can definitely come to the party tonight, right? Moonie will be here...so I know Morris will be too!!! ;-)
    Happy Valentine's Day to you....enjoy your compnay...have fun!!! :mrgreen:

4. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

The gathering sure sounds like fun, and I am betting that Morris will be definitely basking in all that extra attention!

It's great news to hear of all the great progress Morris is having. Now that he is eating better and more, let's hope the loose stool firms up a bit as time goes on.

As for the weight, well I have a skin n bones cat, Booboo, who tips in at just over 6lbs, and Shadoe is wobbling between 11 and 12lbs. Shadoe needs to give some of her weight to Booboo to balance things out.

Morris, I can relate to the big bones issue; others just don't understand, do they?
    I tell my trainer at the gym every time I see him, I am big boned and it can't be helped!

I am betting if we put ourselves on decent diets like we do to our kitties, we would not need any big boned excuses! I do have to say that making Shadoe eat better has helped me do the same. I would feel guilty otherwise!

So good job to you Morris, and have a fabulous time at the gathering today.
    Be sure to get lots of pats and scratches from everyone who comes over!

5. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

Even with the reduced dose, he managed to get down to 64 today. He started bugging me around 2:40 for a test so I thought he might be really low...he was only at 80. Sneaky pete was trying to cadge a high carb snack....he got lc Fancy Feast instead. He really enjoyed all the extra attention from the ladies in attendance today but is pretty glad to have me back all to himself tonight. cat_pet_icon

He actually had a small solid poo today....a sign of bigger things to come I hope! :lol:

6. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I ain't saying nuthin about poo. (I don't want to jinx anything.) I hope Morris impressed the ladies and someone decides to send him a jeweled collar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.