2/14 Sami AMPS 54; PMPS 52 Dose Advice Please

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tina & Sammy, Feb 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tina & Sammy

Tina & Sammy Well-Known Member

Yesterday's Condo

Last Night's Recap:
    PMPS = 72
    +3.5 = 56
    +5 = 59
    +7 = 62

Today's AMPS = 54
    +2 = 57
    +4 = 58
    +7 = 74

PMPS = 52
    +1 = 71
    +2 = 68
    +3 = 61
    +4 = 69

From what I saw last night Sami didn't go below 50, but she did a nice job of surfing the 50's and lower 60's.

As of right now, I am assuming that we try leaving Sami on this dose for a week and as long as she stays below 100, then we can start an OTJ trial the next week. But if she falls below 50 then we can immediately start an OTJ Trial.

Is that correct?

I probably will let Sami stay home from work from now on, which would mean that I will only be able to get an AMPS and a +5 in the morning, and will be home just in time for PMPS. Sami tends to have slightly lower numbers at night than during the day so I still should be able to catch a low if if is should happen. Although, being at home all day might be a different circumstance, I just don't know. I hope I can handle being away from her. She has pretty much been with me 24/7 for over a month now, with only short breaks to get some errands done. There will definitely be a void at the office.

2. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Re: 2/14 Sami AMPS 54; +2 57

(((Tina))) (((Sami)))
    Looking soooooo good! I bet Sami will look forward to not having the drive into the office & being home with your other furbabies, I am soooooo happy for Sami!
    Her #s are looking sooooooo good & I think this is just great. I don't know about the OTJ trial - but I see a sea of green on your SS!
    Have a Blessed, Beautiful Day!! :YMHUG:

3. Chris & Mally

Chris & Mally Member

Re: 2/14 Sami AMPS 54; +2 57

Sami is doing wonderful, Tina! Can I make a suggestion? Maybe you should continue to take Sami to work with you this week and keep getting spot checks throughout the day. She's getting great numbers on this new dose and if you're looking to go OTJ, it would be great to have some numbers to round out her SS. This is not the voice of experience speaking - just a former testaholic who watched Mally's numbers like a hawk after having her go low a few times. :mrgreen:

4. Tina & Sammy

Re: 2/14 Sami AMPS 54; PMPS 52; Dose Advice Please

This should be an interesting evening. Sami is 52 at PMPS. The last few times that she was this low at PMPS she went below 50 within the first few hours after PMPS, but that was also at a higher dose. I will probably test every hour for at least the first 4 hours after PMPS to see what happens.

Here is the question of the hour, if Sami falls below 50 does that mean we go on to a OTJ Trial starting tomorrow? Or is it possible that her shed is still a little over stuffed.

5. Tina & Sammy

So far everything is looking good. I am still going to be looking for a low between +4 and +7. I don't know if it will happen, but I will be checking to see if it happens.

Still wondering if another low would mean an OTJ Trial.

6. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

looking good here!

We'll have to wait and see about the reduction, but Sami is looking strong right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.