2/14 Smudge AMPS 370 PMPS 336

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Astexcat, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Astexcat

Astexcat Member

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Perhaps you're being told you've been stingy on the treats?

Bellasmom likes this.
  3. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Do u use positive reinforcement like a treat after test, I use purebites

4. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Pick her up and place her in the testing location - give her some pets and lovey words - and a treat - let her go... no poking...

She's learning that the test location is a pokey place...instead of a treat place...you just need to keep taking her there and it'll confuse her to see that there's petting and loving and a treat..and no poke! Soon she'll come a lot more willingly to the pokie place...because in her mind it'll be all about the good times...

5. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

First pink AMPS!
    After every poke, successful or not. I used freeze dried chicken breast (aka ‘kitty crack’). In time all I had to do was shake the jar and he would meet me on the futon in my office (that was our testing place).

Bellasmom likes this.
  6. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Putting ointment on ear?

7. Astexcat

Astexcat Member

I might have to try the ointment, I'd love to give treats but she doesn't like any of the freeze dried treats! I do give her food after her pokes, which she gobbles up so she's not that upset by it but good heavens is she starting to be a little brat about it. I may have to break the low carb kibble ban I'm on for a few pieces (like 2-3) as a treat after pokes. I would hope 2-3 pieces

8. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

No kibble!
    Have you tried bonito flakes?

9. Astexcat

Astexcat Member

not recently, may have to try them again. She's just so hard to provide treats for!

10. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Have you tried the Purebites duck liver? It is like kitty crack around here. None of the others are liked, but have to keep the bag in the refrigerator or Frankie will obsess about getting to them :rolleyes:. Gizmo loved them too.

https://www.purebites.com/products/dog/freeze-dried/duck/

Get the dog bag, better pricing for the quantity.