2/15 Benny, AMPS 127, +1 60, +1.5 54, +2 55, +3 63

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Erin & Scott, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Erin & Scott

Erin & Scott Member

Previous day

Bumping dose up to a fat 0.25 - hoping to bust Benny out of his consistent blues.

2. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Good luck on the dosecrease, now let's see some green Mr Benny...

3. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Good luck with doscrease
    Nice start

4. Erin & Scott

Erin & Scott Member

Well, we wanted to nudge him, not push him over the cliff . . . will be monitoring closely!

5. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

LOL....that is a cat for you. Fatten my dose will you? I will show you!

Hope he surfs safe and stays in greens all day!:D

Mandy & Rex (GA) likes this.
  6. Erin & Scott

Erin & Scott Member

No kidding! He seems to be veeeerrrry sensitive to even the tiniest of dose changes. Scott has been very diligent about measuring out tiny doses, but these syringes just aren't designed for microdosing. Thankfully, we're getting a new order of syringes with 0.5 u markings, so that should help some with consistency.

7. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

You might want to give a little bit of MC of food right now since it is only the +2.

8. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

PS. You can make a sample syringe with colored water or tea so that you will be consistently giving the same dose each shot.

9. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

I used the insulin ruler. It really help with those small dose - above the line (f)-on the line and below the line (S).

10. Erin & Scott

Erin & Scott Member

I fed a little bit of his usual LC at +1.5, and he got his usual 2nd breakfast at +2.5. He was at 63 @ +3, so we're on the upswing now. He had a BIG breakfast this morning at shot time, but it's hard to tell just when that hits his bloodstream.

Mostly I'm just grateful I can be here to monitor, and I'm starting to feel less panicked when he starts heading south, because I've collected enough data that I have a good sense of where he's headed and how to respond.

11. Tom & Thomas (GA)

Tom & Thomas (GA) Member

Nicely done surf! Looks much like the one my guy took on Monday, though without the provocation of a dose increase.

I have been really happy with the little digital calipers you can pick up at Harbor Freight, right on the shelf here, for $15. They make me feel better about the consistency of my draws, and more confident that little increases aren't just make-believe. A bit tricky to use with the ring at the top of the body on BD syringes, much easier with the Monojects I'm now using.

Those are two very cute kitty brothers. I'd call them fluffy gray tuxedos, or do they have some other name? My civvies are a pair of short-hair gray tuxedo sisters.

Erin & Scott likes this.
  12. Erin & Scott

Erin & Scott Member

LOL - mostly we call them Doofus and Underfoot (Benny is Underfoot, because that's what he always is; Shaddie earned his nickname for similar reasons). I guess we haven't thought of them as anything other than DLHs, but gray tuxedo seems pretty apt.