2/15 Shadoe pmps 351 +3 344 cycle 7 8u

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Blue, Feb 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Yesterday’s Condo

Yesterday's recap:
    364 - amps
    365 - +9 (out most of day)
    356 - pmps
    328 - +3
    191 - +5
    148 - +8
    160 - today's amps

Well now, isn't this an interesting turn of events. Where to start ...

I was out most of the day; I did not expect anything different from what we have been seeing for days on end: pink, pink, and then some more pink for good measure.
    I spent most of the day out because I did not expect to miss a thing. Her +9 proved not much was missed.
    The evening started out the same with pink numbers, but Shadoe was acting different. Not in any bad way, but she kept going over to the test corner and I was really thinking that little weasel wanted more snacks.
    She was not eating all that much through the day but I chalked it up to her not liking what was served. She has been getting increasingly a wee bit finicky, but I am putting my foot down and she gets what she gets; that's it. Sometimes she pouts but when she gets hungry, she eats.
    She had been visiting her catnip plants alot and she had licked her lips a bit last nite, so we did the pepcid shooter battle last nite. Afterward, she was not licking her lips and did not bother with the plant.
    She has also been meowing more and demanding brushings, lots of brushings. You can think she is all happy and you can sneak away. Nope! The head pops up and the eyes open, as if to say "Where do you think YOU'RE going??" So the brushing resumes for a bit longer.
    I kept commenting on how flat her numbers were but ignored the whole cat. It is so easy to dismiss those little changes, focusing on numbers. It really is too easy to lose sight and important signs can get missed.

Another difference was that Shadoe slept with me all night, and she has not done that in what seems like ages. She returned to the sleeping on my leg so I can't move position.
    Before I went to sleep, she kept coming into the bedroom, meowing, then when I went to pick her up, she ran out and to the test corner. Seriously, after the blue at +5, I never expected her to keep going lower as it's just not her style, but after a handful of her 'meow and scamper' tricks, I gave in to amuse her. I said OK you can have a snack but we are getting a real test first. I totally expected to be a waste of a strip, so the 148 was a pleasant surprise.
    She got her snack, and I went back to bed.

So now what? A blue amps is interesting; she has had 4 yellow amps, but never a blue. We have ventured into uncharted territory now with Shadoe.

I went ahead with her regular 8u, and she went about her usual demand treats after shot, then demand breakfast. She did go to her catnip plant while I was mixing her breakfast, but that's her usual thing. I wonder if she wakes up with gas or an upset stomach in the morns.

So seriously, what's up with these blues?
    Do I stick with this dose for a bit longer, just to see if today was just a last minute valentine gift, some significant change?
    The dose is due to increase tonight, so do we wait, or go ahead and increase to what amount? Any suggestions on times to get tests today?

Shadoe's nicely resting on the test corner, watching the Olympics coverage on TV, her scruff full of insulin and her belly full of tasty breakfast.

2. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 2/15 Shadoe amps 160 cycle 6 8u dose question for pm

That is Blue I see on Shadoes' ss.
    Sorry, but here I go.
    :RAHCAT :RAHCAT flip_cat flip_cat

You need that in your condo!!!!
    What a nice Valentines day gift from your little girl.
    Can't help with that dose, other than to say, you never what is is around the corner.
    Are you working today? Any chance of test at noon?

So happy Gayle to see progress. (Shadoe has been reading your condo and knows something
    is up for her this week.)
    Have a very terrific day!!!!!!!!

3. Amy and Pedro

Amy and Pedro Member

Shadoe just trying to keep you on your toes. Blues is nice.
    No advise to offer but hoping the blues keep coming your way.

4. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Hi Gayle

I hope u dont have to work today - it's Family Day!

I would suggest a +1 to start, just in case

super nice surprise thou eh?

5. paige

paige Well-Known Member

What a wonderful surprise. It is like Shadoe was telling you "come test me momma---I feel good and I want you to see". :mrgreen:

Have a wonderful day.

6. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

Wonderful news!!! At last Shadoe has seen the blues and your patience is rewarded!!! flip_cat flip_cat flip_cat

7. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

I always find that Moonie waits till the absolute last cycle of a dosecrease to show any improvement!! The last milisecond!
    The blue number is looking terrific & Finally making a bit of progress--
    You can always tell when Moonie goes lower--she wants more tests, she sleeps more, she eats less, but plays more...Sounds weird, but many cats have less eating thing when they go lower...
    Look at the SS--Here Comes The Blue!!!
    I think you should perhaps hold this dose, a bit longer...It is looking like this is working. Check with the others to verify, but I'd hold it..
    Last nite Shadoe went from a pink to a blue number..Could happen today! :mrgreen
    Dont be scared--You are in control! You have all the tools! Gayle, hope this is a breakthrough for you--You are doing such a good job! :razz: :razz:

8. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

:YMSIGH:
    Alright, the show's over folks. Nothing to see here, move along now.

So the blues were very pleasant to see, and I am glad they lasted for a good stretch; I am sure that means her liver is not freaking out. Touch wood.

Yellows are good too. Let's see how she goes from here. I can test a few more times and see where she is heading, but I'll lay money on pink haha_smiley

I will go ahead with an increase to 8.5u tonight unless someone says I should wait longer. I am leaning towards waiting, but that's what I did in the past and I think I need to continue to be more aggressive.
    If I were at a lower dose, I would wait, so I would like to know what some of the others on high dose think. This string of blue is her best progress so far.

9. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

I'm rubbing my eyes to make sure I'm reading this correctly...BLUE????? Shadoe, blue is gorgeous on you. Simply gorgeous.

10. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Happy Dance!! dancing_cat
    :lol: Great numbers!! Look at this! Wow!! Nice going Shadoe!!! :lol:

11. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

+8 this morning was very interesting! Pretty low blue - really glad u caught the blues

Not dismissing Shadoe yet - could she be teasing you with this yellow at +2 just now? how much will u be testing this cycle?

no more putting $$ down on pink, lol, let's talk blue's and yellows, move away from the pinks, see where the cycle goes, it's not written in stone where she will go, but overnite was definitely - in my books - a break, and very happy for u both!

No worries, the big wig high doser will be along - ( Hi Carolyn!!! :YMHUG: :lol: )

12. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Ronnie,
    Now that she has popped up a bit, I was going to get a +6 and +9 maybe, just to see what she is doing with her am shot. That's going test by test. Stays yellow and that would tell me she has picked a new color for her flatness. Goes to blue again and that may tell me she has decided to meander in the blue/yellow area. Shadoe's not really a bouncer and after such a long stretch of blue, I don't see anything major happening, so no need to frequent tests. Maybe tonight, but depending on the dose I do.

I'll wait and see what Carolyn and the others have to say.

13. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

When I was scanning post titles this morning before cawfee, I thought the 160 was for the OTHER Shadow, not Shadoe. :eek: GREAT shooting, Gayle!

Hmm, let's see where today's cycle goes. Do you work tomorrow? I'm guessing there will be a bounce (sorry) and that she'll probably still need an increase, but isn't it great to be in a position to have to actually ask the question instead of just automatically increasing? Usually we hold doses for 10 cycles when there's blue, but my opinion is that we can be more aggressive with Shadoe. I'd like to wait until Carolyn chimes in, though.

Way to go Shadoe AND Gayle!!!

14. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

I work tomorrow, so I would not be able to test during the day.
    I'll look again at her ss, but she just is not much of a bouncer.
    I normally do increases at pm, just in case there are issues and I can be around to test and record.

As for the blue amps, I did the same double take. I thought maybe my meter is going and I should test again. Yesterday she was stuck on just a few numbers over and over, so I thought it must be the meter.
    Then I remembered to look to Shadoe and she has been acting much differently, plus she did have all the blues last nite.

So huh, what do you know, she is finally starting to play along with the plan. it's about time.

I will get a +6 then a +9 and see what she doing besides be forever pushing for brushings. She is becoming really vocal; I am not used to that and always worry if that p-itis is coming back. That time was very horrible, so it's hard to forget.

Plans are still on to get the 2 tests done, and to get some R in the house just to have on hand. It's just the dose where I am clueless. I am not used to curve balls from Shadoe, even though this was a mighty fine and welcome one.

Stay put, or go up by how much; that's the question. Kinda like a Shakespearean question.

15. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

Gayle, I just wanted to pop in and applaud. Whatever the result--increase or not--this is and was progress.
    [​IMG]

16. Carolyn and Spot

Carolyn and Spot Well-Known Member

Hi Gayle!
    Very nice! For now you can do one of two things:

1. Collect data on this dose for one or two more cycles
    2. Increase 1/2u as scheduled

If she stays low today and you have a low (below 200) preshot again at PMPS, do not increase. Also, beware shooting a second low preshot because if she IS an acro, you could head straight into a danger zone. You are *not* looking for green.. so don't go after it. I am not saying NOT to shoot it, I'm saying be alert to any drops after the shot. You may need to intervene faster and with more HC than normal diabetics. Again, I am only advising based on if she is an acro. IAA would be treated differently and I would have some serious research to do if she turned out to be Cushings.

If this were Leo, I'd hold the dose at least one to two more cycles and just pop him up tomorrow PM if the PM and AM cycles was back to boring highs. It's a great opportunity to collect data for future surprises and if you're having a breakthrough, a 1/2u increase might power you right past optimum dose.

Way to go!!

17. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Re: 2/15 Shadoe amps 160 +2 243 cycle 6 8u - thx will hold

Thanks Carolyn,
    I will hold for a few more shots, just to see. The last thing I want to do is steam roll right past Shadoe`s best dose, but I did not want to be a `fraidy cat and not be aggressive if that`s what was needed.

Ugh, go for green? ohmygod_smile Not me, I just will be happy to stick with yellows and blues, with the pinks being a distant memory. I am so not ready for green nailbite_smile , and want to just coast in a comfy zone :cool: till we get the tests done and know what's going on with Shadoe.
    For now, I have put our BOS up on the top shelf till they are needed.

Thanks again; I'll hold at 8u till tomorrow night and see where to go from there.
    I will be talking to the vet tomorrow about plans to have the tests done, so I will have info on the arrangements to post.

18. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Miriam and Putty (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 2/15 Shadoe amps 160 +2 243 cycle 6 8u - thx will hold

Those were some very pretty blue numbers for Shadoe.
    Also Gayle, thank you for reminding us as we often need to be that our kitties are not just numbers and if we look beyond the meter there is so much more to see. cat_pet_icon

19. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Re: 2/15 Shadoe amps 160 +2 243 +6 302 cycle 6 8u

Wow ohmygod_smile that felt soo weird.
    I am so glad to be back in my comfy pinks and can get some decent sleep.

I felt so buzzy, so 'off'. I could not get to sleep. I just could not seem to relax. It even distracted me from eating most of the evening.
    I kept bugging my bean to do something, anything to make it better, but she's weird too; she seemed all happy about it. pffft, shows how much she knows!
    But it's OK again; I feel like before - good. I thought that feeling would never go away.

The bean's not too happy about it though. I guess it was not all that bad, but man, it felt weird, so I think I need a bit more time here.

Maybe I'll feel better there the next time, but for now, I need a good nap.

20. Bo & Jake

Bo & Jake Well-Known Member

Re: 2/15 Shadoe amps 160 +2 243 +6 302 cycle 6 8u

Poor sweet Shadow! She must feel weird -not used to the nice blue. Takes a lil time.
    mama Bean,take a rest -relax!
    Gayle,I hope You have a nice Family day!

21. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Re: 2/15 Shadoe amps 160 pmps 351 cycle 7 8u

Not much to report.
    Shadoe eats, Shadoe poops, Shadoe sleeps, Shadoe loves pink.

22. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Shadoe was off to a gret start this morning.
    She can't help but think something is weird with those blues.
    Maybe she'll throw some more your way tonight or there is certainly the
    possiblilty she will hang out in the yellows.
    That is improvement for her! Glad you held onto that dose for now.

23. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

Shadoe loves to keep the beans guessing. She's a good cat. True to her nature.

24. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Again not much to report; we are cruisin' the pinks still. I'll catch one more test just before bed, but I am not holding my breath on the number :lol:

Shadoe's been feeling pretty spunky today, and was ripping a couple of her catnip rope balls to shreds earlier; no wonder she's sleeping now. It's really hard work to rip cat toys to pieces.

25. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Jen and Oreo (GA) Well-Known Member

That was some nice blue there...how 'bout some more Shadoe :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.