2/16 Baby PMPS 172 +4 138 +6 201

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Nicole & Baby, Feb 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Good morning LL :coffee:

Baby was dosecreased yesterday to 1unit & this is looking more favorable for her - I have good feelings here :D

WCR Baby has eaten her breakfast & is happily snoozing in a "tent" I take a small blanket & drape it over the couch to make a tent for her & her sister Sadi, they love it.

I am work from home today - so will get some spot checks...

Have a Beautiful Blessed Day!!

2. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Re: 2/16 Baby AMPS 255 +3 205

Go Baby....its your birthday... dancing_cat dancing_cat Thinking Blue I Am....and I sound like Yoda.

Have a great day Nicole.

3. Tina & Sammy

Tina & Sammy Well-Known Member

Good morning Nicole and Baby. Hope this new dose starts to really kick in today. Right now you are so close to blue, hope you get there. Sami and I are cheering you on.

:RAHCAT

4. Monique & Spooky

Monique & Spooky Well-Known Member

Wow so many B-day kitties lately. So what is that.....Our barn cats always had kittens in the springtime (between April and beginning June) we tell the kids that after the silo is full we will have kittens. We often find them in late May early June when they are old enough to start crying and moving around (about 4 weeks old) so they were likely born in April and May. When I found Socks he was just days old it was early May. Spooky was several weeks old I found him in mid-June. Sometimes a second batch of kittens comes in Fall (Sept.-Nov) but they always say the fall kittens are sickly and weaker. So all these kitties with B-days in February what's that? Are they really early Spring litters or late Fall? It's to cold here in late November to be doin the nasty outside!

5. Nicole & Baby

Re: 2/16 Baby AMPS 255 +4 258 Question

I love your story Monique!! I think Paige was being silly (it is a song)
    Baby's birthday is in March -- the 24th to be exact. My Sadi though.. her birthday is February 26th.

**Question** I understand that it is a good thing that Baby is more steady (certainly not in the yellows though) but remembering when we first started (a little over a month ago) Baby would suddenly drop.. any ideas why this no longer happens?

6. Monique & Spooky

Monique & Spooky Well-Known Member

Re: 2/16 Baby AMPS 255 +4 258 Question

Nope I don't know why, She is probably gonna need more insulin, but you just raised the dose yesterday so it will take 18-24 hours before you start seeing any real action. The other questions to ask when more insulin doesn't seem to be making a dent, or you had good numbers and lost them is......is the insulin perhaps losing it potency (old, wrong temp, frozen...) or is there something going on with Baby that might be driving her numbers higher (infection, food changes, stress, bad tooth) I don't think those are the problem here but they are worth checking off the list. Just follow the protocol and if she after 3-4 days is still not getting any low blues or greens you move the dose up a notch. Sometimes you have to go up to be able to come down. Baby is still at a very low dose so there is nothing to worry about. Some cats seem to go OTJ after days or weeks, but most need a few months and often bounce around a bit before they finally start going down the scale. I had to back up and increase the dose a few times before he finally kept sliding down. It almost never goes like 1-2-3-2-1 done! The dance is more like 1-2-3-2-3-4-3-2-1-2-1 done, or for some 2 steps forward and 1 step back. Seems like someone is always moving the finish line in this race. grr_red

7. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Re: 2/16 Baby AMPS 255 +6 264 Question

Hehe, sorry to confurse....I was singing a song. No birthday's in this condo.

8. Nicole & Baby

Thanks, Monique - I appreciate your input - I am beginning to get a little worried about Baby - she is just not going down. She is acting fine - just really tired. Diet has not changed & the Pen we have was just opened about a week & a half ago. I hope she is Ok.. time will tell. For now, I am doing all I can & she will stay on this dose for 6 cycles - unless we see Blues or Greens.

Have a good day!!

9. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I do think there may be one outstanding factor to throw into the hopper -- Baby did not have a conventional start to her insulin dosing. I haven't a clue what the longer term effect of an initial overdose of insulin is. It may have been that it gave Baby an initial "head start" and now she's responding more in keeping with how she would more normally respond. She's been in the yellows a fair amount according to her SS. It's only been the last few days that she's been very consistently in the yellows.

Monique has a point -- if there's something that needs to be considered, a dental for example, it's worth trying to determine if that may be influencing Baby's numbers. On the other hand, this may be a situation where the dose has to go up before it goes down.

10. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Re: 2/16 Baby AMPS 255 +8 243

Hope you can find the right dose, the right variable, the right culprit--Moonie is having the same problem right now--Need to increase the dose, anything else wrong, is it the pens for us too?
    Are these the free pens we got?? Or maybe some of them arent potent??
    Hmmm--Let's put it out to the board maybe?
    Come on down Baby...OK? :razz: :razz:

11. Nicole & Baby

Re: 2/16 Baby AMPS 255 +10 183

All good points!!
    Baby has really white good healthy teeth.. this afternoon (since my last post... she has been running around playing with her favorite ball of 6 years.. fetching.. just overall busy & has dropped 60 points from +8 to +10)

Very happy about that.. finally a Blue.. I pray this is the right dose... I think we may start seeing some results!

Roni.. I pray for you & Moonie too & finding the right dose!! Yes, our pens were the free ones.. geez.. hopefully that is not the case!! That is the last thing any of us need!! :shock:

12. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Happy Happy Joy Joy bcatrun_gif

Sounds like Baby is happy too.

13. Nicole & Baby

Thanks, Paige! I sure hope she is happy.. her & Sadi have fried my nerves this week!
    Sadi vomited everywhere this morning - I think it must have been that Metamucil I gave them.. which neither of them needed I don't think. But Baby's incident yesterday had me wondering.. anyway... not giving that anymore ;-)

I hope we are on the road to recovery with BG & anything else :mrgreen:

14. Nicole & Baby

Re: 2/16 Baby PMPS 172

PMPS # is +12 (shot will be delayed 30mins this evening - tomorrow morning & tomorrow evening) BECAUSE of The Bad Place
    In the big scheme of things.. 30mins delayed is not too bad ;-)

Please Pray People... that Baby's new dose is kicking in!! o:) o:) o:)

15. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

Re: 2/16 Baby PMPS 172 +1 188

Looks like Baby may like this dose!

16. Tina & Sammy

Tina & Sammy Well-Known Member

Re: 2/16 Baby PMPS 172 +1 188

Nice PMPS. Hopefully you have found Baby's dose and things will start to get green really soon.

17. Nicole & Baby

Re: 2/16 Baby PMPS 172 +4 138

I am soooooo happy & I hope Baby feels better too ... prayers above equal blessings down... I hope this is a good dose for this week :mrgreen:

(((Thank you)))

18. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Miriam and Putty (GA) Well-Known Member

Baby is looking pretty good on this dose....nice job Baby. :mrgreen:

19. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

let's go, Baby, how about just a touch of green tonight?

20. Nicole & Baby

(((Libby and Lucy))) (((Miriam and Putty)))
    Hoping for a touch of green...... but soooooooooo thankful no yellow yet **anti jinx** :D
    I am like a cat on catnip... so blessed & thankful for the blues!!

Am staying up for a +6 (but her drops are normally +8 thru +12) things are well... I am liking this dose... Baby likes to visit RBC -- so am anxious to see AMPS because we had a "talk" that RBC is not so friendly to visit cat_pet_icon

21. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

I love blue cycles. Hopefully Baby will surf in blue until she doesn't bounce, then show some greens. This is good for her.

P.S. Baby is the first cat I've heard of that chews on fake plants!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.