2/16 Buddy AMPS 280,+2 290,+4 180,+6 191,+8 210...Vet Visit!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by sommerbethel, Feb 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sommerbethel

sommerbethel Member

yesterday viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6378

Buddy...ugh

So, I was woken up this morning at +11 by buddy puking...it was clear/pink which made me nervous bc of his numbers lately, etc...at +12 he seemed normal so I tested and shot...but then he wouldn't eat and at +1 he still wouldn't eat and seemed lethargic...so I called into work and took him to our new vet, we had an appointment for this Sat. but i told them I wasn't sure buddy could wait.

The dr. confirmed that he does indeed have a heart murmur...I requested an xray to make sure no hairballs were clogging him up...negative, they took his blood pressure...great, they also ran his blood work and are doing a urinalysis but we won't have results until Thursday...

I asked the dr. to do a bg test when we were there bc he hadn't eaten and with the stress i was concerned he might go too low or high and the lil bugger was 180...

The dr. said he doesn't see anything wrong but we will tell more when we get the tests back...

we are home now, he ate, and buddy seems pooped, understandably. when i dropped him off to go run some errands i had come home to sloppy poo in the litter boxes...I'm pretty sure it's his and I'm sure it's a combo of stress and the new fish oil in the diet...

We will see what tonight's numbers bring...my poor baby...we are both tired now...

btw...our new vet, Dr. Palmquist, is amazing! If anyone lives in Southern California and is looking for a amazing vet, he is totally worth the drive of any length :)

Also, we are due for a dose increase tonight but I'm going to hold this for a few more days and see what happens...

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Hi Sommer,

sounds like u got a keeper for a vet!

lil'bugger Buddy stressing u out and he was only at a BG of 180! lol aww poor Buddy, feel better soon Buddy and no more pukies ANTIJINX no pukus

(((hugs))) to u both!

3. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Poor Buddy, I hope he'll be feeling better soon. I hate when you know something is wrong but can't find it. :sad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.