2/16 Carbon AMPS 216/+6 578

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by mialia, Feb 16, 2019.

1. mialia

mialia Member

Carbon just returned from the vet after 5.5 days - 2 for medical 3.5 for boarding. He has a UTI and we are waiting on any other urinalysis results (for specific bacteria, make sure he's on the right meds, etc). He also has some 'slightly high' thyroid numbers. I found out the other vet gave him amlidopine for high BP but I didn't realize that before. And his liver enzymes are still elevated but 'not much' 'probably a result of diabetic dehydration.'

While at the vet, his BG at 1IU dropped both times they did a curve. They took him off insulin for one dose and he went high. So they kept him at one and monitor at the same time as they added the antibiotic and we was ok. I don't have the definitive numbers. I want to get them later. I picked him up at 9pm so the vet wasn't there.

We have decided to hold off on the thyroid treatment because his symptoms aren't screaming yet. He is eating a ton and not gaining weight, but that could be his BG. His thyroid she said feels a bit swollen but the numbers aren't definitive. Because he's already being treated for the UTI, the vet and the internist she consulted with both feel it's best to wait a bit on thyroid treatment and get him out of these woods first.

His AMPS wasn't bad. But at +6 it was quite high. I'm not changing anything though. I know that over 1 was borderline too much, and he's got all the stress of coming home after 6 days, antibiotics, and all that what not.

So the battle wages on.

2. mialia

mialia Member

He's cleaning the vet off

Attached Files: