2/16 Nova - AMPS=113, +5=126, +7=135

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Dawn & Nova, Feb 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dawn & Nova

Dawn & Nova Well-Known Member

Nova is feeling good.. she is also however.. strongly of the opinion that she doesn't need shots anymore.. it's so weird for the majority of the last 4 months (other then when I started).. she hasn't really cared about getting needles.. and the last few days she's completely ticked off at the idea.. she's pretty cooperative for testing..but for the needle she jerks around, cries, tries to get away.. she's so upset about it that even freeze dried treats aren't a distraction.

This morning I carefully explained to her that I know she could do it herself.. but the longer we give her body a break.. the stronger she will be.. she doesn't seem very interested in my thoughts on the matter.

yesterday's

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 2/16 Nova - AMPS=113

Nova's numbers are looking really good -- maybe that's what she's trying to tell you!!!

Maybe moving your shot site around a little may help Nove be more comfortable.

3. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Hi Dawn,

ohh preshots coming down nicely, I just finished telling someone else, blue preshots can take a little time to come down, God knows Luna took his sweet time till he finally threw me green ones, lol!

by the way, in ur comments (ss) u said:
    these are good comments to have in ur SS - good for u!
    I'm sure Miss Nova will be just fine crusin' along.
    Have a good day Dawn!

4. Dawn & Nova

She's not actually upset about the needle.. she's just a little b**ch (that's one of her nicknames, even the vet uses it :) ) when it comes to being told what to do.. she'll act like it's the worst pain she's ever felt being forced to sit on the scale or having her eyes looked at (crying, howling and hissing).. she knows full well that no amount of fussing is going to stop me from doing whatever I have planned.. and that ticks her off even more..

She also won't "give in".. at some point she'll claim it was her idea to begin with.. it's just a long frustrating battle until she comes to that conclusion.. and I really don't like pretending I don't care what she thinks.. because I do! :)

5. Dawn & Nova

Looking for some dosing ideas for before nova's dental surgery in a bit less then two weeks.. Ronnie suggested I crosspost since you guys are more up to date on Nova's day to day doings and beings..

dental questions thread in general health

Based on my missed shot on the weekend.. and the first cycle of her recent dose decrease.. I don't imagine reducing her dose in the AM of the surgery is actually going to do anything for most of that day.. so maybe a reduction the night before?

They'll be monitoring her and managing her bg levels with fluids and fast acting insulin if necessary.. though I imagine the preference (for Nova's sake) would be for them not to have to intervene much. I know it will depend on how shes doing closer to surgery and what dose she's on.. but maybe it's would be best to just let her numbers be high for that day and skip the PM before all together? She'll use up her reserves by morning.. give AM shot.. fill up the depot.. and then her next day PM shot should be back to normal-ish..

Maybe on her dose it doesn't even matter what I do.. I just love her so much I want the best for her surgery and recovery of course.

6. Dawn & Nova

Re: 2/16 Nova - AMPS=113, +5=126

Yikes.. I hope the AM shot was a total miss instead of light.. she's pretty sleepy today.. generally content but seems pretty worn out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.