2/17 Buzzy AM 133/148=1U; +1.25 155; +3 108; +6.25 100; +8 120; PM 141=1U; +1 160; +2 165; +3.5 152

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by toomanycats, Feb 17, 2020.

1. toomanycats

toomanycats Member

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Since you are home today you can shoot your normal dose as long as you have plenty of testing supplies and hc food or karo syrup. Make sure you get a +1 and +2 and keep your subject line updated in case you need help.

Si am cat mom and toomanycats like this.
  3. toomanycats

toomanycats Member

Thanks. I have all the things. He got like 1/4tsp wet food as a treat after that first test and tested 148 15 min later, so hopefully that means we were on the upward trend anyways.
    Of course I just accidentally scratch/pet his side a few times right after shooting before remembering ..dur..don't RUB darnit!
    Hopefully it wasn't enough to really count as rubbing.

4. carfurby (GA)

I have to work today. I'll be leaving in about an hour. Just keep your subject line updated. I'll try to check in if I can.

5. toomanycats

toomanycats Member

we're trying out the frozen cat food ice cubes today while I'm here to see what happens, and I fearit's all going to be consumed immediately lol. They are big fans of their catsicles despite having just eaten a full can of fancy feast each.

6. toomanycats

toomanycats Member

We're headed up - as per normal in these early post-shot daytime hours.
    He licked at the frozen cat for for literally 30+min and it's almost gone -.- oooh Buzzy.
    But, there's still a little in there for later - just observing that today to see how quickly he consumes them/they go dry

7. toomanycats

toomanycats Member

Movin' down at +3!
    I will be leaving the house in about 30 min and will return around +6.5. He has some LC wet in his bowl still right now

8. Astexcat

Astexcat Member

Let me know how the frozen food cubes work out, it's an idea I might have to co-opt.

9. toomanycats

toomanycats Member

Buzzy just went over and ate all the food - rewarding himself for the ear stick I guess lol. Soooo I mean, they work, but they are GONE by +3 today. But I guess that's better than zero food for 12 hours?

10. toomanycats

toomanycats Member

just posting to happy dance about these blues.
    but, you know, already anxious about the evening and tomorrow lol...god forbid I not be anxious

Judy and Freckles likes this.
  11. carfurby (GA)

Glad Buzzy is surfing safely.

toomanycats likes this.
  12. toomanycats

toomanycats Member

Shall I shoot this 141 PMPS?? I can get a +2 and +4 tonight & have HC/MC/Karo/strips and all that

13. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Numbers are looking good, and you did just shoot a similar number this morning. Buzzy may bounce, hard to say. I'd get a +1 and +2 and go from there. You may need to retest beyond +4 depending on how the cycle goes. The earlier tests will give you additional info. Can you please remove the 911, that is best left for emergencies only.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  14. toomanycats

toomanycats Member

ah sorry.

15. toomanycats

toomanycats Member

will use question mark next time - sorry! Just didn't want to assume night was the same as day.
    I shot. We'll see. Last time I shot 1u below 150 at night we went into the 80s, but we'll see.

16. Christie & Maverick

That cycle was a little different IMO, he was breaking a bounce and that often makes the cycle more interesting :rolleyes:. Hoping tonight he's going to keep the shenanigans down to a minimum. Test at +1 and we'll see how things go, okay?

toomanycats likes this.
  17. toomanycats

toomanycats Member

aye aye captain :D

Christie & Maverick likes this.
  18. Christie & Maverick

LOL, I'll keep any eye out this evening.

toomanycats and Sue and Luci like this.
  19. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Great advice you've gotten from Christie and Maverick!

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned - but most likely it has - perhaps you would want to consider an auto-feeder? I use this one so that Luci doesn't eat all her food at once - https://www.amazon.com/PetSafe-5-Me...er&qid=1581979320&sprefix=auto,aps,170&sr=8-5

you can leave the frozen foods in separate chambers that open on a timed basis.

I've used this for Luci when I've been gone for long days - which I don't typically do, but occasionally I have medical appointments, etc. a while back it was surgery so Luci had to be on her own for more time than she's used to.

Best of luck this evening!

20. toomanycats

toomanycats Member

I plan to get one; I just can't really afford it right now...mostly bc I'd need two since I've got 2 cats. But I might see if I can at least get one at this point. But it won't get here in time for tomorrow unfortunately. I was just going to leave more cubes out tomorrow so they'll hopefully last longer than +3 - make up some mixed HC/LC ones too just in case I need to leave some of those out.

They may have lasted longer than +3 had I not been here testing. Me testing him prompted him to go eat lol.

Edit: OK I ordered the 3-compartment one. Hopefully that'll be sufficient for our needs & also hopefully the cats don't fight til I can afford a 2nd one. Buzzy is the more dominant cat.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
    Sue and Luci likes this.
  21. toomanycats

toomanycats Member

160 at +1 :) food doing its job

22. Christie & Maverick

Nice...See you at +2 :)

23. toomanycats

toomanycats Member

Steady.
    Eating a little LC now as per normal

24. toomanycats

toomanycats Member

Preemptively asking about tomorrow.....
    @Christie & Maverick maybe you can help me pre-plan a bit?
    Tomorrow, I will be away all day. I will not have an auto feeder yet, so I will leave frozen cat food out.
    If his AMPS tomorrow is similar to today's, my gut tells me "go ahead and shoot, but leave some MC food out to be super safe." -- Thoughts?
    Not sure at all what I'll do if his AMPS is much lower than it was this AM.

25. Christie & Maverick

I have often left either higher LC or MC food during cycles where the preshot was lower than I'd like. I think that's a good idea, since you are still new to lower numbers, and are starting to get a feel for how carb sensitive he is and how the insulin is working for him. Of course, if he decides to give you a bit of a bounce, then you won't need to worry :)

ETA: If he decides to give you a number you aren't comfortable with, you can stall for 20 Minutes, don't feed and see if the number is rising on its own and post for help, If the number still doesn't seem in your comfort range, you can also skip. The depot may still have an affect, so you'll still want to have food available for him.

toomanycats likes this.
  26. toomanycats

toomanycats Member

Thanks! I like to have some semblance of a plan since I'll be doing this at ~5AM eastern time & always worry if someone will be around lol.

27. Christie & Maverick

Good point! We do have members all around the world, but it does get a little quiet around that time. I'm up early, but not that early :p

toomanycats likes this.