2/17 Carbon AMPS 34. +1 182

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by mialia, Feb 17, 2019.

1. mialia

mialia Member

Last post: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...-216-6-578-pmps-hi-1-444.210839/#post-2337779

So the bounce ended this morning as expected. Gave him gravy fancy feast (which made him think it was christmas) and he's back to 182. I had boarded him last week and he bounced upon coming home. His energy is great, he's gaining weight.

I leave again tonight for 5 days but my roommate is back in town. She'll be testing and administering. We are going to .5. I know it's supposed to be a .25 reduction each time but per others here on FMDB and my vet, going down .5 for a week is ok as he's still getting insulin but reduces his chances of a crash. And it's hard to accurately measure .75 on the needles. She's a type I diabetic herself and knows the procedure for him crashing. Skipped his shot this morning.

Had to turn down the couple that came by last night. Husband was perfect. Loves cats, cats love him, I've worked with him so I know he's good. Wife wouldn't even pet them and shoved them away when they rubbed her legs and said, several times, "I hate cats"... so uh.. why are you here? There are FOUR of them you know.... ? And you'd be giving one of them shots. She's a nursing student and I felt like she just wanted to be here to practice. My cats aren't your medical school dummy.

So back to the craigslist....

Sue and Luci likes this.
  2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

You really need to reduce Carbon’s dose. That 34 is a very clear message that the dose is too high to be safe.

Bear & Lora likes this.
  3. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

I think that .5 dose is more what he needs then the 1 unit.

Will your roommate be testing while you are gone?

4. mialia

mialia Member

Yeah she'll be testing preshot and if there is cause of concern, testing in between. She's currently between jobs so she'll be observing his behavior. She knows his symptoms of high and low. I think .5 will work well. He's come down from 4 to .5 in a very short period even with the infection and other issues so I have high hopes for remission. The infection appears gone but he has a few more days of antibiotics.