2/17 Luci AMPS 288

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sue and Luci, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

2. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Looks like she is bouncing from that drop yesterday AM into the +1. sigh. What % carb food is she getting? Wondering if she might respond better to a bit higher carb food?

Sue and Luci and Bellasmom like this.
  3. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Now I should probably know this Bobbie but if I did at 1 point I don’t now lol, why would higher carb food help

4. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Sue and Luci likes this.
  5. Sue and Luci

She's enjoying the Dr. Elsey's dry - 6% and FF pate's - yesterday was Turkey and Giblets 2%. I switch her pate's so frequently - I'm not sure that's what she had for breakfast - I guess I'll have to start writing that down. She also gets an Orijen Original treat with her injections....

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Luci heads back down for you today.

7. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

When did you start the Dr Elsey's food? I wonder if it could be contributing to you not seeing as many greens. :bookworm:

8. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

"Conscious Cat" Dry food is the leading cause behind most urinary tract problems in cats. I'm surprised you feed Any dry food? Maybe that's why she's drinking more water ?
    Beautiful SUN.jpg

9. Bobbie And Bubba

Some kitties do better with a little bit higher low carb food, more like the higher end of the low carb scale. Maybe, with higher low carb food to start off with her numbers won't dive so fast keeping her curve less sharp and helping her with the bounce too. It's just a thought.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  10. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Luci, bring it down some.

11. Sue and Luci

Feb 4. She was already seeing a decrease in the greens. I increased her on 2/5 and she rallied for a few days...then slacked off again. She gets a little of Dr. Elsey's - not a steady diet - she was getting where she wasn't eating the FF - I was throwing away more than she'd eat - so I find if I hold off on the FF and give her a bit of Dr. Elsey's she eats the FF better...it just seems like Dec and Jan were active and she just started to slow down after that last decrease on 1/23 - I noticed her green numbers were higher and then she just stopped going there altogether- and I increase and increase...and thinking it's time for yet another increase. She hasn't had any Dr. Elsey's today.

Besides - I asked about Dr. Elsey's before I bought it - as it's quite expensive - and was assured that it's very low carb.

I can certain withhold the Dr. Elsey's for the next week - and we'll see if Luci's water intake changes and if she goes back to the lagoon before making any decisions about an increase.

12. Sue and Luci

Thanks for the suggestion - I'll focus on trying to give her higher low carb FF this next week - see if it helps with the numbers being all over the place. Lately they're just too high overall...she rarely hits the greens and when she does it a high green...I can't figure this out :(

13. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

It's your call. I thought I'd ask in case it did correlate with the numbers going up.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  14. Bobbie And Bubba

Looks like a flat yellow today... She is a tough nut to crack for sure. Maybe if you started her off on a bit higher LC and then switch to the 2% to keep her surfing in safe green numbers. it's worth a try. sigh. I can imagine how frustrating it is.

15. Sue and Luci

I'm willing to try anything to try to figure her out...we can open a fresh can in the a.m. like a 6% - I think that's the highest low-carb I have. And IF she decides to get near the lagoon, can switch her to 1% or 0% FF - we'll be going thru a lot of FF...sheesh :( I can certainly refrigerate it all in those little containers - but she never really seems to like 'leftovers' very much...even if I warm it up in the microwave...talk about spoiled, huh?

16. Bobbie And Bubba

I think if she start edging to the lagoon depending on when in the cycle in occurs will dictate what % carb to use. Experimentation and keeping good records will help. I always like to put the amount of food and carb % in the cell with the number so at a quick glance I could see what effected the numbers and by how many points. It helped me the next time rather than trying to scroll through comments. And being so visual as I am, I needed to see it up close and in a linear way.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  17. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

Oh Luci. You really are a tough nut to crack my darling. You know, if you calmed the dramatics down a bit, you'd probably feel better, and you can still be the queen bee. ;) And I guarantee you'd still get plenty of attention from momma. Hugs to you Sue! I hope she decides to make it back to the lagoon! :bighug:

Sue and Luci likes this.
  18. Sue and Luci

Thanks, Amanda. I 'think' she may have heard you - or she heard her dad - it's like with a kid - I'm going to tell your father! Maybe he had a word with her last night? I see that she visited the lagoon - only staying near the beach - most of her visits lately have been tentative at best...I guess I should be grateful she's not diving, huh? But to barely get in for an hour or two...she just can't seem to figure it out :(