2/17 | Moose | AMBG = 89 | OTJ Trial Day 2 | PMBG = 102

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Moose (GA) & Rae, Feb 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

Good morning, kitties and beans! :cat:

Link to yesterday's condo.

Oops, I just realized that I forgot to post Moose's PMBG last night. We were busy enjoying a nice, relaxing night on the couch together (+ Moose trying to swipe my food off my plate, what's new?) and I forgot to post about his PMBG. It was normal, so no worries!

We both were able to sleep in this morning a bit since the every few hour testing was not needed. Moose was very appreciative of this, and honored me by laying on my stomach and letting me pet him for a while.

However, I did get a bit miffed this morning. I was browsing Reddit (not sure if anyone knows of Reddit, but it's basically a giant forum of different topics and pictures.) Anyway, someone had posted a picture of a beautiful Ragdoll cat who was at the vet. The creator of this post said that their cat was urinating outside of the box, and that was the reason for the vet visit. Someone commented that it might be crystals in the cat's urine, and advised not to buy any special diet food for the cat that the vet might prescribe, especially if it was dry food. This person received many "downvotes" (how you indicate that you don't agree with someone, similar to "liking" things on Facebook, but this was "disliking") and the person was berated for their advice to not feed what the vet prescribed. Their answer was "Vets received schooling for this, so always listen to and feed what the vet prescribes."

This made me very angry. I did respond to the poster, and thanked them for bringing awareness to the danger of feeding dry food. I also linked to Dr. Lisa's food chart, and made sure to mention that it was a chart created by a vet for anyone else who did not agree and wanted to inform themselves. I'm calming down now...sorry for the rant!

Hugs and head bumps :D

2. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

"Hi, my name is Rae, and I am a Testaholic!" I feel like that amount of testing is tame compared to the last few weeks of testing! I will be happy to do so :D It may be harder during the week because of work, but luckily I work only 15 minutes away from my house so +4 tests at lunch time are doable.

Oh wow, I didn't even consider the fact that the toe tuffs would aid in quiet sneaking! We like to say that Moose "icebergs" (as in moves slowly, but no one notices that he has moved). I never attributed his quietness to the toe tuffs. It makes sense now!

Well as long as he forgives you, that is the important part :bighug:

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  3. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

Very happy that I responded to that comment on Reddit. A girl commented on my post and is asking for help with her diabetic cat's diet. I linked her to the food chart and told her what I am currently feeding my cat. I'm going to link to her this forum as well! I've been trying to ask her about home testing...but she hasn't answered yet. I will be sure to caution her about how quickly the switch to LC wet food can affect her cat's blood sugar, if she decides to switch.

Does anyone have that list of home testing supplies that they could post here so that I can give it to her? I've seen it posted around here a few times and forgot to save it.

It's sad though, her vet did not mention changing her diabetic cat's diet at all :(

4. LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles

LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles Member

Go Moose!:D:D Woot! Woot!

Good job speaking up, Rae. I'll look around a bit for the supply list, but I'm not finding it quickly.

Moose (GA) & Rae likes this.
  5. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

Thank you! I'm looking around as well. I feel like I was inundating her a little too much with all the info...I think I will check back with her tomorrow or the next day and see how things are going with her kitty. I felt like I shoved so much new information down her throat and while she was accepting of it...she didn't continue to ask anymore questions and I didn't want to "pressure" her.

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Happy Day 2!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Nice of you to try and help the girl with her cat's diet. I don't remember seeing a list of supplies.

7. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Congrats on making it to day 2!

Good on ya for commenting on the Reddit site. Vets are not miracle workers and they don't make the food - a company does - for profit!

The supplies list...someone always posts one...was is Chris?

8. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

9. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Actually, its @JanetNJ who has the shopping list.

10. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

:facepalm:

Of course!

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  11. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

1. Walmart Relion micro or confirm meter / or some other brand meter that takes a 0.3 size sample. Another option is an Alphatrak pet meter found on Amazon or Adwdiabetes.com.

2. Box of 100 extra test strips

3. box of 100 26 or 28 gauge lancets

4. Cotton cosmetic rounds

5. Neosporin ointment with pain relief

12. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Good for you, Rae , to speak up about dry food vs wet . That so many people are unwilling to investigate for themselves outside of the vet’s Office mystifies me . Guess many times it’s just easier to do what you are told than to do a little research .

13. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

AND , Happy Day Two :woot::woot: For you and Moose !!!!

14. Phoebes (GA)

Phoebes (GA) Well-Known Member

Yay Moose!! :D:D glad you are educating cat owners :) we all had to learn some time.

15. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Way to go, Moose! :D:D

Good job, Rae, about educating people about Feline Diabetes and this board!

16. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

I have a meter and some lancets I can send her for free if she'll give you her address.

17. Camille and Cyclone

Camille and Cyclone Well-Known Member

Uncle Sam photos.jpg

I just sent a pm with details! :)

18. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

Happy day #2!
    :D:D

19. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

Thank you!! :cat:

20. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

I agree 100%! I admit I was one of those people, until I got a smack in the face and realized that what the vet told me wasn't working. Sometimes that's what you need.

21. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

Thank you so much :bighug: I'm hoping that she will contact me and ask more questions. Again, I wanted to give her all of the info at once but feared that I would "scare" her off...I'll be following up with her!

Alicia & Maggie (GA) likes this.
  22. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

Thank you! I received your PM but I may wait a few days to send the photos if that's OK? I guess I'm afraid of jinxing it! :nailbiting:

23. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

PMBG = 102 :(

Trying to not feel disheartened by that number. I imagine that the depo has drained by this point. DBF and I made plans to go over a friend's house for game night tonight. The good news is that the friend only lives 5 minutes away, so I will drive back for a +3 - +4 retest. If only it would stop snowing/sleeting/hailing whatever it's doing out there!

24. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

He'll come back down and remember that the 102 with a - 20% variance is 82. ;) Be safe traveling.

25. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

Bobbie, you're the best! Thank you! I feel better about that number now. Totally forgot about the variance :confused:

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  26. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

Sorry for the late response, +4 = 78

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.