2/18 George AMPS 96 +2 129 +4 96 +6 76 +7 63 +9 86 PMPS 79 +2 103 +3 67 +3.5 59 +4 59

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Gill & George, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Yesterday.

Vines and Prayers to all those kitties and beans in need, Hoping that Paula's little Tux is feeling better today, and that James and Willow will have more quality time ahead.

BG wise he has spent most of the las couple of days in normal numbers (I'd prefer to see less blue), his BG seems to consistently spike at +2, but then drops down by +4-+5. Overall I feel like he is making progress but I'm keeping an eye on those nadirs though, I'm hoping he'll bring them back down, but yesterday would seem like they are trending up.....I'll wait and see.

George was hungry this morning, so much so that he came to the bedroom howling for food, I had tested at +10 and he was 85. Anyways 30min before his shot he was in the 90's that was a relief as he had me wondering if he was dropping low into PS.
    I shot 96 this morning, nice to have a green PS, but he was up by +2, which seems to be his thing now, by +4 he's dropped back down to 96, so if I had to guess I would say we have another active cycle on our hands, hoping he keeps nice and level. I have a couple of errands to run but I need to feel a bit more confident that he's not going to drop.

On Wednesday I'm going to go skiing with my DB, DH will be in charge as he will be working from home, he can test and make sure BFG eats his food, with George being deaf now he doesn't hear his feeder rotate, so I can't be sure he will get his food exactly when I want him to. In the past the sound of the feeder rotating was enough to see him jump up out of his bed and tuck in, now he just doesn't know dinner's been served.

WCR
    All p's in place, poop was well formed and normal this morning. Seems to be walking more easily today, he came upstairs this morning, and got up and down the stairs OK.

anyways
    Surf Safely Kitties

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice numbers for George. Glad his walking is better.

Gill & George likes this.
  3. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

It is nice to see George enjoying some nicer numbers! His nadir have trended upwards some since that 56 on AM cycle of 2/16. Wonder if that was enough to have a mini mini bounce with his nadirs being a bit higher?

Yeah on walking better! It's hard to see them aging.....and poor BFG with the hearing loss. How long has that been going on?

Yo, BFG, how about patrolling with me today? Just like old times, Dude!

Bubba ~

4. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Doing nice George.

5. Gill & George

I swear this cat reads his condo:rolleyes: he was 62@+7 just as I was heading out the door, I gave him two TSP of LC, I wouldn't have if I was at home, but DH was on conference call with work and I had an errand to run.
    83 @+9:D when o got back.

Yo BOB, izz be joining u on patrol, izz thought da beach bar was fun but da niptinis and microbrews were givin meez a sore head. Da surfing is fun!!!
    Dep BFG

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  6. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Yo Deputies George and Bubba(@Bobbie And Bubba ): good to see you guys on patrol at the lagoon this morning. Looks like Deputy Boomer(@Judy and Boomer ) is joining you. L&LL needs a new LagoonMeister to coordinate "activities" at the lagoon. Anyone care to step up? (@Chris & China (GA) ).

Hi Gill, I'm sorry that George has lost his hearing. But cats have such a great sense of time, that he might surprise you by "knowing" that the feeder will open. Great to hear that he is walking better. Interesting about the changes in his cycles.

Hope you are having a fine day.

7. Gill & George

You're right there we often joke that George has a secret Rolex to help him keep track of meal times. I've adjusted his feeding schedule a bit from what he was on when he was in remission, I think he is slowly getting used to the new system. I'll have to dust down the rotating feeder and have a go with it maybe if I place it near to where he hangs out he'll see it/smell it.

It happened suddenly, last year round about when he had the really bad mouth infection and all the extractions, I don't know if he had a damaged nerve from the infection/procedure, (the infection was up in his sinuses and had a lot of inflammation around there) or if it was a small stroke, at the time of the infection he presented with what appeared to be dizzy spells and he would fall on his side and go all stiff like he was having a mini fit. Once he'd had the procedure and was recovering well, we noticed he wasn't hearing at all. If we make a very high pitched whistle or clap loudly he appears to hear it, but has no idea what direction the noise is coming from, so it may be that he just feels the vibrations. Since the hearing loss he sleeps very, very soundly, I guess it's always peaceful and quiet for him.:(

8. Bobbie And Bubba

Maybe when you need to use it that would be a good idea. He would know that it's next to him and going to open soon ( maybe not soon enough, LOL)

9. Gill & George

I've been using the autofeeder whilst he's been in remission, at night or when we have been out for the day, but I was less worried about him getting them at a specific time, I was using the double one that just opens and stays open, so I don't know when he got the food, or if he ate both portions at once.
    As far as George is concerned it's always food o'clock:rolleyes:

10. Bobbie And Bubba

Bubba too, if he doesn't eat, I know something is terribly wrong.

11. Gill & George

No need for spidey senses when our two stop eating alarm bells go off.

George has only gone off his food twice in the 13 years he's lived with us, once was when his teeth got really bad last year (he still wanted to eat but was in so much pain) the other time was last month when he had diarrhea and vomit. He didn't want to eat in the morning or during the day, vet gave him steroid shot and he started eating no sooner had he got out of his cat carrier, I'm now second guessing myself as to whether he would have got back to eating without the shot, and feel like I let him down:(.

I'm glad BFG's appetite is back to normal after whatever it was he had, it makes dosing simpler if I know I can count on him to eat.

12. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

Looking good George!

Same with my girl! It's always a good time for food! :smuggrin:

I hope you enjoy your ski trip on Wednesday.

13. Bobbie And Bubba

Hi Amanda! How you? Sorry for the highjack, Gill. :rolleyes:

14. Bobbie And Bubba

It is what it is, don't beat yourself up. Bubba had steroids when he went into shock after he got multiple yellow jacket stings. I am pretty sure that is what sent him into diabetes, that a being very overweight. (23 lbs at his heaviest)

It would have to be life or death for me to give another steroid to him. Hope I don't have to eat those words.

15. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

Hi Bobbie! :) I have a thread today for Osha here... 2/18

16. Gill & George

LOL I remember Osha and the Autofeeder Incident!:eek:
    Quite a determined little empress.

Nice to see you Amanda, I'll have to go visit your condo.
    Should be good, by DB and I haven't skied just the two of us for quite some years, he was hoping we'd have some fresh snow, but it's been clear skies, there's quite a good base, so it should be good.

PMPS 79:D I like a green PS, but I think he will be up by +2 (trying some reverse psychology on you know who)

Bobbie And Bubba and Osha like this.
  17. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

EF698F4F-E7A5-45C7-8709-8719C5A9B1F7.jpeg
    May the green be with you :D

18. Gill & George

:DPMPS 79
    :cool:+2 103 3tsp 1.9% (regular meal)
    :D+3 67 2tsp 1.9% (extra, try to help him surf)
    :D+3.5 59 no food (slowed down, want to see if he stays up)

When I saw the +2, I suspected he was heading for the deeper water, so got a +3 and sure enough he was on his board paddling out to join the rest of the boys at the deep end of the lagoon. He appears to have slowed down a tad I will be getting a +4 just to make sure he's still surfin
    So much for his nadirs creeping up:rolleyes:

19. Bobbie And Bubba

Guess his little mini mini bounce over, LOL.

20. Gill & George

PMPS 79
    :cool:+2 103 3tsp 1.9% (regular meal)
    :D+3 67 2tsp 1.9% (extra, try to help him surf)
    :D+3.5 59 no food (slowed down, want to see if he stays up)
    :D +4 59 3tsp 5%(regular meal)
    :D+5 62 (2tsp want to bump him up a bit higher so I can get some sleep)

:rolleyes:

21. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

George is looking great! Glad he’s walking better! I bet George will get the timing down on his feeder and it won’t matter that he can’t hear it. Scooter is usually sitting in front of his waiting on it at least 10 minutes before it turns!
    Have fun skiing! Wish there was snow/mountains within a reasonable distance from here!