2/18 Latte AMPS-343 PMPS-117, +3.5-309 Another Dose ?-sorry

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by carolynandlatte, Feb 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

The appy stimulant last night did not do enough to contribute to these numbers. She did this all on her own.:-Q

pmps-303
    +5.25-351
    amps-343

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6540

2. Kelly & Logan

Kelly & Logan Well-Known Member

Re: 2/18 Latte AMPS-343

Just popping in to say hi, Carolyn. How's Latte doing today?

Hope she comes down some for you and you both have a good day. ((((Carolyn and Latte))))

3. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Carolyn
    I hope Latte is eating better today and that you can see a break in her
    numbers.
    Thinking of you guys and sending hugs.
    You know she might need another party to get all dolled up for. lol.

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I'm thinking she's either gearing up for some action or last night was a bounce after some AM blue.

5. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Latte...what are you doing? ohmygod_smile
    Sending hugs to you both (((Carolyn & Latte)))
    Did someone say "Party"???????? :eek: What a great idea!!! Why didn't I think of that? :eek: A party...hmmmmmm.......
    (I think that February is perfect for parties since there's nothing else going on in this awful month....)

I missed the Mardi Gras....think we should have a carnival....a Mardi Gras carnival????
    Ask Latte what she thinks....k?

6. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Good morning, Carolyn & Latte!
    Droppin thru to check on you two…
    Thinking of you & wishing you both a fabulous day!! :YMHUG:

7. Amy and Pedro

Amy and Pedro Member

That's just what Latte needs to help with these numbers - a kitty carnival. Might perk up the appy-

8. Amy'sWinston (GA)

Amy'sWinston (GA) Member

Just stopping by checking on you 2. Been crazy week...I'm checking in but not really posting.

Seems like she's got a bounce going yet...

Latte - BLUE is your friend! It offsets your eyes so nicely...Go blue girlie!

9. carolynandlatte

would it be correct to assume she is bouncing for extended periods of time and wait out any dose increases until ??? I was planning on increasing tomorrow night, but now I am unsure if that is wise after this +10.

I am a little nervous if she drops any more before pmps, which will be at +11.75, because I have to work until +3 or +4. But it is a pred cycle, she will likely bounce, and she just ate kibble.

Again I ask (myself) why she did not eat all day with a drop like this. Who knows how low she went. It bothers me and makes me scared that she might not eat if she drops too low.

eta: only other spot check I could get today was a +2.5o230. ss not filled with that info yet...slow puter...will plug in later tonight

10. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 2/18 Latte AMPS-343,+10-107 dose question

fwiw, i'd want to know how low this dose is dropping her before increasing the dose...

11. carolynandlatte

Re: 2/18 Latte AMPS-343,+10-107 dose question

Right. Thats what I figured. The first few cycles of this dose she was going a little too low for comfort. Then she has not really done much but sit in the 2-300's since Monday. She used to clear bounces much quicker, so I thought the dose was not enough. Apparently it may be enough for now.

So just sit on it and watch her bounce away. sigh. I can get lots of checks this weekend and next week, +7's.

Thanks Jill

12. Amy'sWinston (GA)

Amy'sWinston (GA) Member

Re: 2/18 Latte AMPS-343,+10-107

without the spot checks, you just can't know. But given her history, if she'd gone too low I'd expect to be seeing the bounce by now. She might as easily have been doing a slow drop today, and she usually starts another small drop around +10...

What was pmps tonight? (And I agree...IMO until you have more data of what's happening with this dose, I wouldn't raise it yet.)

13. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Hey Carolyn & Latte!! Dropping or going up??--Are you increasing dose with this nice number??

14. carolynandlatte

amps-343
    +2-230
    +10-107
    pmps (+11.75)-117 pred cycle
    +3.5-309

Here we go again. Another week long bounce ahead of us. Probably wont get any info over the weekend as to how low she is going on this dose because she will hang out in the pink and beyond. My guess is she will clear it on Monday amps when I have to go to work. She will throw something like a 40 freakin' 3.
    ohmygod_smile ohmygod_smile ohmygod_smile ohmygod_smile ohmygod_smile

Question:
    If bounces are too high and too long, do you then DECREASE? Or do I just wait it out on this dose and hope for the best as time goes on? I seriously have no idea what is best for her at this point with the insulin. She is currently going through both extremes that are uncomfortable and not safe for her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.