2/18 Luci AMPS 108, 41,56

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sue and Luci, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Glad Luci is feeling good. I hope she gives you a blue/green surf today.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  3. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Beautiful start for Miss Luci!

4. Sue and Luci

Do you think the 5% is high enough - I went thru all my cans of LC FF, that's the highest I have on hand this morning. I have several lower - 3, 2, 1, 0% - if she drops into the lagoon at 1+ should I give her 0 or 1%?

Historically when Luci enters the lagoon my worry has been to keep her from free diving (she's a diver)...and I tend to want to go a little higher with the carbs...but I'm here and willing to experiment - I just hope she'll cooperate and not get silly on me (NO diving!)

I went back to yesterday's thread for this conversation...

Thanks

5. Bobbie And Bubba

If she drops into the lagoon at +1, ( a high green) I would just give her some LC to help her surf and recheck to see if that did it. If not you can always give the HC. Usually we shoot low to stay low. The cycles tend to be flatter. But, Luci is a rule breaker......

If she drops into a mid to low green at +1 I would give her the higher carb ( 5% ) LC food to slow her down.

I saw that you gave the 5% last night and it looks like she had a nice level cycle. :) It is looking like an interesting experiment.

6. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Beautiful start to today and happy to hear that Luci is feeling good!

7. Sue and Luci

She's 68 at 1+ - I fed 5% FF again - testing in 30 minutes...sure hope she doesn't drop like that again...looks like she's back to her old tricks...Miss Diver butt!

8. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

That's nice Luci but no deep sea diving.

9. Sue and Luci

41 at 1.5

10. Sue and Luci

56 at 2+ - coming up...sheesh :(

11. nslade001

nslade001 Well-Known Member

Luci keeps you busy :) Nice to see the greens though!

12. Bobbie And Bubba

Oh Luci Luci Luci!!

Guess this answers your question as to getting some higher carb LC food. :eek: Maybe something in the 7-10 % range. Hopefully, once you can tether her from diving and she gets used to staying in greens, the bouncing stops . Until then, it's work for you .

Mandy & Rex (GA) likes this.
  13. Sue and Luci

That's going to be a bit of a challenge - I went thru all my canned FF pate's - nothing currently in stock in that range. My LC's top out at 6% - then MC's start at 12. Is there a particular FF pate that I could look for? Or perhaps another brand? I see Rachel Ray and some store brands - Publix - but those aren't readily found on Dr. Pierson's list.

14. Bobbie And Bubba

I am not really sure what is available in commercial cat anymore since we have been doing raw and now poached.

I know if you take LC and add a tsp of HC gravy, you can make MC food. Wondering if you can take some MC and add to mostly LC and make it higher LC. ?? The only problem is you won't know the exact % you made it , but keeping good recipe notes of what you did and will help. Just a thought.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  15. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

If you can take equal amounts of 5% and 12%, that should make 8.5%. Do you use a kitchen scale to weigh how much to give Luci?

16. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

17. Sue and Luci

This will be me in there trying to figure it out...Poor Luci...no telling what kind of response I'll get then... LOL... download.jpg

18. Sue and Luci

Oh dear god...now I have to weigh her food too? :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

19. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

No, you don't have to. I thought if you were, then it would be easy to figure out the amounts. :bighug:

Sue and Luci likes this.
  20. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Luci 's making up for lost time!! Slow down there girl!:D Felix surfing.jpg

Sue and Luci likes this.
  21. Bobbie And Bubba

That's good to know, and she could just eye it. :)

Sue and Luci likes this.
  22. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

I have some Purina Pro Plan Focus Chicken Entre. If I remember right it’s 9%. I don’t know if that’s too high of a LC, but it works well for Scooter. It’s a gravy food, although not as much gravy as FF. I give Scooter chunks and gravy, not just gravy.

23. Sue and Luci

Where do you buy it?

24. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

I got it from Chewy, but I think you are in a bigger city. They may have it at Walmart or PetSmart or even the grocery store.

25. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

LOL
    Back in the ole days, I would mix 13% with 5% in equal amounts, I don't weight but measure out in teaspoons. So if he was getting a couple of teaspoons as a snack, and I wanted something higher LC I mixed one teaspoon of LC 5% with one teaspoon MC 13% giving me a snack that was 9%.

Sue and Luci likes this.