2/18 Osha AMPS 147 PMPS 102

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Osha, Feb 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

1/27

Good morning! I hope all the kitties and beans are doing well!

Osha has been giving me quite a bit of yellow the last couple of days. I am wearing my patience pants and will increase tomorrow if I don't see any action before then. Besides the yellow, Osha is doing well. She and Mycroft are still getting along fabulously. :cat: I have noticed she is a bit more hesitant to jump up onto things, but she is still super snugly and happy. She also has been eating her food with great enthusiasm like the Osha I know which makes me very relieved. I don't know why she wasn't gobbling up her food the other day, but it passed quickly.

OT: My love, Sébastien @Photorecon will be here in 34 days! :kiss: I am over the moon excited!!:woot:

Have a great day!
    Amanda and Kitty Osha, The Empress

HWright and CassAndGordy(GA) like this.
  2. Steph & Quintus & L & O

Steph & Quintus & L & O Well-Known Member

Is it possible she was eating less because her numbers dropped? It can happen, less starving signals to the body from the glucose-deprived cells...

Also, ketones? :eek: -- from what I gather, you want to make sure enough food gets into the cat, are you used to dealing with ketones?

Osha likes this.
  3. Kathy and TiTi

Kathy and TiTi Well-Known Member

Osha likes this.
  4. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

Maybe the lower numbers caused her to eat less...I am not sure. Lower numbers have never affected her appetite before. I am just happy it only lasted one cycle.

Her ketones on the blood meter are 0.2, so she doesn't have any ketones. When she was first diagnosed in April of 2016 she had DKA. Fortunately she hasn't had any episodes since then.

5. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

So happy to hear her and Mycroft are buddies again and it continues to be that way! I hope your neighbors got that job transfer! ;) Glad you get to see Sebastien soon.

Have you tried zobaline? If she's hesitant to jump because of anything diabetes related, I've heard it works quite well. We use an injectable methyl b12, but zobaline is the same thing with folic acid.

Liking the Lev so far, trying to figure out different feeding schedule, what did you do/change when you switched? Or did you feed the same amounts at the same times?

Osha likes this.
  6. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

Lol...no, no job transfer for the neighbors yet. :rolleyes:

No, I hadn't thought of trying zobaline. I will look into it. Thanks! I am not sure if it is diabetes related or the fact that she is getting older.

That is good you are enjoying Lev so far. I had to keep the feeding schedule and amounts the same. I need to leave the house at +1.5 for work, so I can't give food any later. And I can't use the automatic feeder. First she figured out how to open it pretty easily. I was duct taping it closed each time. Then she drug the feeder around the room (yes, the heavy pet safe 5 feeder) and broke both of her canines. I got rid of it after that. I was nervous at first with the drops later in the cycle, but since Lev flattened her out so much I haven't been very worried. If I am nervous with a lower number in the morning, I will give her an extra can of LC as I am leaving the house. I will do the same at night if I want to sleep and I am nervous...an extra can before bedtime.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  7. Stacy & Asia

Wow! She was determined to get that food, wasn't she? Poor thing broke her teeth? I would have got rid of it too!

I'm glad it flattened her out, what a difference, right?

Steph & Quintus & L & O and Osha like this.
  8. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

She is SUPER food determined! I have child proof locks on all my cabinets in the kitchen. When I started waking up to food all over the floor in the morning I knew I needed to step up my game. :eek:

Yep, she has caps on her canines now. They are some super expensive teeth!!!

Oh, Lev made a HUGE difference. She used to love her trampoline and practicing her diving skills. I am so happy she doesn't do that anymore. I am definitely not as neurotic as I was when she was on Lantus.

Asia....sweetie, please slide back down for your momma bean!

9. Stacy & Asia

Yes, it's only been a short time, but I feel like we aren't on the thrill ride that was Lantus. It seems a good bit more predictable. Hopefully she won't read that and drop at some random time where I'm not thinking she would. :rolleyes:

Steph & Quintus & L & O and Osha like this.
  10. Steph & Quintus & L & O

Steph & Quintus & L & O Well-Known Member

oh -- what is the cutoff number?

11. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

12. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

Hello, Amanda
    Glad Osha’s appetite back in her groove. Wow about the auto feeder fiasco and the resulting dental work: I didn’t know that dental caps were doable for cats...

Great news that your Sebastien will be visiting soon...just in time for Springtime.
    Hugs and vibes for you all and scritches galore for the Empress and the Tribe,
    ❤️
    Sina

Osha likes this.
  13. Kathy and TiTi

Kathy and TiTi Well-Known Member

Good grief
    That's one determined cat! Her poor canines

Osha likes this.
  14. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

+9 83 :D Patience pants worked!

15. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

So glad to hear her appy perked back up and all kitties are getting along :bighug:

Is Sebastian coming for a visit it permanent stay?

How is mom and daughter?

Osha likes this.
  16. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad things are going well for Osha and her and Mycroft are getting along. Nice to see that green today. Nice that Sebastien can visit soon.

Osha likes this.
  17. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Osha is doing so well! I'm excited for you that Sebastien is visiting soon! :D

Osha likes this.
  18. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hi Amanda! Great to see you on and so glad that The Empress got her appy back on track. :)

And great news that Sebastien will arrive soon! Tell him hello from me. :bighug:

Osha likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.