2/19 GrayGray AMPS 129

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Becky and Gray-Gray, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Becky and Gray-Gray

Becky and Gray-Gray Member

2. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

If you can stall for a half-hour (without food) and test again, you can see if he's coming up. I think you'll want to be pretty conservative on the shoot decision if you can't monitor, though.

Becky and Gray-Gray likes this.
  3. Becky and Gray-Gray

Ok thank you! My 5:30am BG was 129; retested at 5:40am was 142; just retested at 5:50am it dropped to 134. I will retest in ten minutes (30 minutes from 5:30am). I’m freaking out idk what to do I have to leave for work in 35 minutes...

4. Nan & Amber (GA)

He's pretty flat so far, or at least not dropping fast, so that's good. These numbers are shootable with experience and you've shot at least one blue number on your spreadsheet, it's just a tough call because you won't be able to monitor. That's why I'm leaning towards a conservative approach, unless he shows us some more movement in the next number.

If you were to shoot, could you leave food out for him?

5. Becky and Gray-Gray

I just retested. She is 127!

Yes I can leave food! I have a food timer that will dispense 1 oz FF classic pate at 9am and 1pm while I’m away at work.

should I feed and shoot? If I do shoot conservatively how do I do that if she is already getting 0.5u?

6. Nan & Amber (GA)

Still flat, not making it easy!!!!

I think you can shoot your usual dose if you feel comfortable doing so-- remember, the number you are "really" shooting is still two hours away (when the insulin will take effect). If you are worried, one thing you can do is to bump up the carbs a little bit in his feeder snacks. What time (in + numbers) will you be home to check him?

The more conservative option would be to skip today (still leaving out his usual food), and that is an option if you are nervous about shooting today. It will re-set the cycle counter on this dose back to zero.

7. Becky and Gray-Gray

I just fed her and retested, she was at 124!

I do have some Hills W/D kibble I can put into the feeder!

I won’t be home until +11......

8. Becky and Gray-Gray

I’m freaking out! I think this is what I’ll do..

shoot a small 0.5u where the plunger is under the line instead of on it?

put some Hills W/D kibble in feeder for her two snacks this afternoon.

What your thoughts on that?

9. Nan & Amber (GA)

It is your call. These are shootable numbers and I think she'll be safe, especially with access to the kibble carbs, but because we don't have any data on these numbers you might want to skip (I don't think "skinny-ing" the dose will matter much-- a lot of what will happen this morning will be from the depot anyway). Leave food out regardless!

I know how stressful it is to have to do this while working and not being able to monitor-- arrgggh!

10. Becky and Gray-Gray

Ok thank you so much! I already skinnied the dose :banghead:!

Uhh... this is so scary! Trying to understand depot transitioning from a Novolin N is a big learning curve!

what’s done is done.... I’ve skinnied the dose, left two -1oz snacks of FF Classic Pate with 7 pieces of Hills W/D kibble in each. Will be home to recheck at +11!

I will be a nervous reck at work today:facepalm:....

:bighug:THANK YOU so much for your help!!!!

Nan & Amber (GA) likes this.
  11. Nan & Amber (GA)

She'll be fine. While you are at work stressing out, she's going to spend the day lounging around as usual (and probably enjoying the different snacks today, nom nom nom!).

Good job shooting!