2/2 Thos - Bump dose up? AMPS 134, +3 65, +5 80, +6 92, +7.5 115, PMPS 102, +3 113

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tom & Thomas (GA), Feb 2, 2019.

1. Tom & Thomas (GA)

Tom & Thomas (GA) Member

Previous 1/27

As we continue to inch back up after abandoning SLGS at 0.1u, I have kind of been at a fat 0.25u for sixteen cycles. I say "kind of" because I think I dropped the dose down a bit for three cycles after first starting to use calipers. (I love the greater confidence in consistency of dosing!) The last eight shots have been at what I'm calling 0.35u.

Any reason to let this dose cook any longer? Or could I go ahead with a little bump to a skinny 0.5u (5mm more on the calipers for a nominal 0.4u)?

I want to drive Thos's numbers down some, but just tiptoeing our way there.

2. Giomax

Giomax Member

Those seem like great numbers to me.

Tom & Thomas (GA) likes this.
  3. majandra

majandra Well-Known Member

That is one detailed SS you have there!

4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I would have been lost without calipers. I think he’s looking really good on this dose.

5. Tom & Thomas (GA)

Tom & Thomas (GA) Member

Thanks! They are starting to look nice. But I'd still like to push for the numbers that might let us walk away from insulin. Or maybe at least get a break for the summer.

I've enjoyed following Max's story. How you have hung in there in spite of a lot of uncertainty, and some scary times.

Giomax likes this.
  6. Tom & Thomas (GA)

Tom & Thomas (GA) Member

This is dangerous stuff for someone with OCD tendencies :).

I admire how smoothly you guided Rhubarb down the river and over the falls.

majandra likes this.
  7. Tom & Thomas (GA)

Tom & Thomas (GA) Member

I was skeptical but they have helped so much already. I am surprised at where we've wound up, I didn't think I'd ever it take this far. And I am in awe of the people who have carried on for years and years.

Giomax likes this.