2/20 Asia AMPS 240, +5 225, +8 179, PMPS 217

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Stacy & Asia, Feb 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/2-19-asia-amps-180.191404/

AMPS 240, I decided to go with the full .25 increase after all, started at 1 unit this morning. I think something is up with Asia, maybe some pain or panc flare up? I’m not sure how to tell. She’s eating okay, but is guarding around her tummy more and has been more sleepy than usual with more spells of breathing troubles (rapid breathing spells when awake and heavier breathing when asleep). We have a follow up with the vet on Friday and going to get blood work done again.

Until such time as I figure out what is going on, hopefully the full increase will work with the numbers she is throwing, I’m just assuming they are higher at the moment because of pain or something going on. Awkward timing with the insulin switch so I can’t be sure on that, but it’s a decent hunch.

Had to be out most of the day, so daughter was testing her every hour because we don’t trust this cat (and it’s hard not to trust such a cute face). :p

2. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Vines, and good luck with the increase.......is she still on the AB?

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  3. Stacy & Asia

Yes, tomorrow will be 4 weeks, I just refilled another 5 days worth to cover until the appt on Friday plus the time it takes to get the blood work back. If blood work is improving and it looks like the antibiotics are working, we will continue on until 6 weeks, if the blood work is showing that it might not being doing much, discontinue. I’m thankful that she hasn’t had to deal with any GI distress from the antibiotics, it happened last time she had this antibiotic. I think the probiotics are really helping combat that (and she refused to eat anything with probiotics in it last time).

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Good luck with the increase. I hope Asia starts feeling better. Sending prayers.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  5. Stacy & Asia

Thank you, Carla, me too. Someone needs to invent google translate cat to human!

PussCatPrince - GA and HWright like this.
  6. Stacy & Asia

Lots of (almost all) flat yellows. I think tonight is going to be a missing a lot of sleep night.

Mandy & Rex (GA) likes this.
  7. Sean & Rufus

Sean & Rufus Well-Known Member

Good luck with the increase! Feel better soon Asia! :)

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  8. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

Hope Asia feels better and Csn get off AB’s soon. Probiotics sure do help:bighug:

:bighug:;):bighug:
    3A586C88-AAB5-4F68-B034-CDB60B058E28.jpeg

9. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Sending some vetty vines!
    Good luck with the dosecrease!

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  10. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

I do hope not for you both.
    How does she guard her tummy then?
    Is she off any pain /queasy meds?

11. Stacy & Asia

:joyful::joyful::joyful:

12. Stacy & Asia

This pancreatitis diagnosis is pretty new and I haven't had enough time to proper research it to my satisfaction, and IBD and heart stuff and CKD, it's overwhelming to try to know what is what and what to do and not do. She just engages her abs when you try to press around her tummy, which the vets call "guarding" and she's doing that. She's not vomiting, her appy is good. Just guarding and sleepy. She has pain meds every 8 hours. I gave her cerenia last night just because she was seeming off, but she was eating fine before it and is eating fine now, not lip licking or anything. She's also hot today, it was in the 60s and some people have radiators on above us so the pipes make it tropical in here. She's not very lively when she's too hot, I don't blame her. Have the fan on for her to cool off.

13. LuvinThisPig

LuvinThisPig Well-Known Member

Poor Asia! I do hope she starts feeling better! Good luck with the increase!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.