2/20, Boomer, AM/60, PM/80 what do I shoot?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Traci and Boomer, Feb 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traci and Boomer

Traci and Boomer Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6799#unread

Mornin' LLer's,

I've never has an AMPS this low before. I'm truly shocked. And I know what I "should've" done, but I couldn't. Sorry. I fed. He woke me up early because he was absolutely ravenous. He was so wild that he wouldn't stay still for the test; it was bizarre. Then I saw the 60 and I let him eat which he scarfed down in so fast that now I'm worried about scarf and barf. I didn't give him insulin. I also have a doctors appointment for me at +4 and after I was planning on being away until PM.

Should I re-test later and give him insulin or is it ruined because he ate?

2. Tina & Sammy

Tina & Sammy Well-Known Member

Re: 2/20, Boomer, AM/60, dose help!

I am not 100% sure what you should do. I know what how you feel about needing to stall when it is obvious that the kitty is really hungry. I guess at this point I would at least test at +30 minutes to see where he is. More than likely he will be rising, probably from the food. Maybe by then someone will come along to give you some dose advice, or maybe he will be at a number you feel comfortable to shoot.

3. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

hey wow - nice number, too bad about the feeding, but it's done - a re-test would be good, like Tina suggested, u have shot this dose before on 70's and 80's...lets see what the next test says.

4. Tina & Sammy

It looks like on 2/15 you had a 60 at PMPS. Do you remember if you fed right away because at +30 minutes he was at 84. After the 84 at +30 you gave a reduced dose of .1 unit, and it appears that he went a little higher after that.

5. Monique & Spooky

Monique & Spooky Well-Known Member

Hi Traci, very nice AMPS! Boomer is on a very low dose so I wouldn't worry to much. You have shot a preshot this low before (after 30 minutes and confirming a rise) I would think it would be ok to have shot it on time. You have 2 choices, since you fed he is going to rise (unless his little pancreas is healing and helps out) which you should test for, I would wait 30 minutes or an hour and test. If he is rising go ahead and shoot. If he is surfing or falling then don't shoot and call it a fur shot, try to get a few tests before you leave today to see if he drops or surfs with the food. If his own pancreas is working and his BG goes lower or stays low several hours after eating then you are on your way to OTJ! Normally you would not feed and test again to see if he rises, when he does you feed and shoot. I understand that you had to feed him, it's okay and you can still shoot this low dose on a 60 AMPS.

6. Tina & Sammy

Here is the link to your 2/15 condo.. It looks like you did feed.

I know you won't be home for most of the day today, but you probably should get some additional tests tonight. +3, +6, +9, and +11. Just a thought.

7. Ronnie & Luna

Any updates Traci?

Did you get a retest? did ya shoot? whatcha do? lol
    How's Boomer? :D

8. Traci and Boomer

You guys aren't going to believe this!!!! Take a look: (I couldn't decide what to do so I didn't give insulin- I was too scared for a hypo when I'd be gone all day)

AM/60
    Fed
    +1.5/59
    +4/61

Can you believe it? He's also feeling good/acting fine and ate a ton with no puking! WOW!

9. Ronnie & Luna

nice... :mrgreen:

will u be home for a +11? I think u said ur out til PM time.

how's mom's kitty Francis doing today?

10. Ronnie & Luna

lol, I guess u can clear ur subject line since u had a "fur shot"

11. Traci and Boomer

Re: 2/20, Boomer, AM/60, "fur shot" but good numbas

Hi Ronnie-

I won't be home until PM but then I'll be home all night to watch.

Haven't spoken to Mom yet - she'll call me later and I'll update Francis's info. This is like a part time job! :lol:

12. Ronnie & Luna

oookey-dokey!
    we shall see u for PMPS or whichever Boomer feels like, lol
    :mrgreen:

13. Traci and Boomer

PM/80
    Do I give him his regular .25 dose or is that insane? It sees crazy to me but I'll be home to watch and I have hypo food, etc. Should I give his regular dose or BCS?

14. Ronnie & Luna

BUMP

pretty darn good for a not shot at AMPS!
    :mrgreen:

15. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

why are you nervous? You've shot at this number before! Let's see if Boomer is ready to earn his dose reduction. :mrgreen:

16. Traci and Boomer

Thanks Ladies for being there for me. I'm just nervous because he's been so low today that I'm afraid he'll go really low. I've given him his .25 and he seems happy and hungry - his usual self. Okay...paws crossed!!!!! Stay tuned. I've gotta get Francis's numbers next! :roll: :lol:

17. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

I peeked at your spreadsheet and I see Boomer has a great surf going on!

18. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

i peeked, too... looking good!
    when you get a chance, click on ale's levemir ss in my signature. take a look at how we traveled down the dosing scale by shooting low to stay low. this is what you want to do with boomer...

19. Traci and Boomer

Wow Jill, that's quite a spread sheet! Very pretty :lol:
    Posting Boomer's numbers in a new thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.