? 2/20 Boomer AMPS 61 .25u +2.5 67 +5.5 56 PMPS 68 .25u +2.5 52 and ? about static in fur

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Judy and Boomer, Feb 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Yesterday
    Good morning!
    AMPS 61 shooting .25u
    My flat green boy :D:D:D:D:D ANTI JINX ANTI JINX!

Well last night I woke up WAY before Boomer's +6 dish was to open. He was sleeping in his bed and around the time that the feeder should open he disappeared then reappeared a few minutes later. I had high hopes that he had eaten but I decided to get up and make sure. And he hadn't :( so I had to fork feed him the first few bites and then he carried on, on his own.
    When I next woke up, DH was in the kitchen calling him. Not normal for DH to do one of these nighttime fudz checks (he was probably up for a bathroom break lol). Anyways, he had to fork-feed the first few bites too.
    I do know that I accidentally put a food in the dishes that Boomer is (currently) not crazy about.
    I must find a way of getting him to eat! I'm thinking about adding a tiny bit of friskies pate to his overnight meals but it would have to be just the tiniest bit because he's very carb sensitive and I don't want to mess up his BG progress! I wish Purina would come out with some more very low carb ff options!

I do have a question.....since the air is very dry here in the winter months, Boomer's fur is full of static. Any suggestions as to something I can possibly put on my hands to rub through his fur?

2. Mandarin'sMom

Mandarin'sMom Well-Known Member

Another beautiful start for Boomer! Hopefully, you don't have to worry about those nighttime meals for too much longer (anti-jinx).

I don't know of anything that would help with the static - but I am curious to see what other people have to say. I have the same problem around here. On my short-haired cats, the effects are not quite as visible, but my long-haired Civvie looks like she has one bad hair day after another.

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice start for Boomer today. I'm not sure about the static in the fur. I've accidentally shocked a few of my kitties recently because of all the static.

Judy and Boomer likes this.
  4. Judy and Boomer

Me too!

5. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Looking great Boomer but you need to eat your night time fuds buddy! It's always super dry here...usually less than 10% humidity on most days. I do use hand cream quite often and after rubbing it into my hands I'll pet my kitties so they get the residue. Doodles hates the static shock! Moo's fur is long and a lot thinner so she looks like franken cat but the tiny bit of hand cream does seem to help.

6. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Dampening your hands and then rubbing Boomer with damp hands may help. Unfortunately, it's a temporary fix. I don't know if any of the commercially available products that people who show their cats use might help.

@Doodles & Karen - I would check the ingredients of any lotion just to make sure there's nothing in it that could be harmful to your kitty.

Doodles & Karen likes this.
  7. Judy and Boomer

haha Frankencat!

8. Judy and Boomer

Wondering about a wee wee bit of olive oil rubbed in my hands then through his fur?

Doodles & Karen likes this.
  9. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

LOL, I am picturing punk style dos for the Civvie.

10. Bobbie And Bubba

Love Boomer's start again! :D:D:D

11. Judy and Boomer

+2.5 67
    Testing/feeding a bit early today; Boomer was acting very hungry so I wanted to make sure he wasn't running low. And my daughter and her family are coming for brunch today to celebrate her birthday. Can't believe I have a daughter that is 35 :eek:

12. Bobbie And Bubba

Wait until she turns 37! HA Enjoy your brunch and glad Boomer is going to behave.

13. Judy and Boomer

Hoping Boomer keeps on behaving! Hoping for a walk this afternoon, it's quite mild here today.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  14. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

The only thing for static is humidifiers. Depending on the kind of heat you have you could put container with water on the heat registers.

15. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

Nice numbers for Boomer. Hey,maybe the static agrees with him so why mess with it? ;)

16. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

Looking good Boomer. Now how about doing your big boy act and eating without assistance!

Marilyn and Polly

17. Judy and Boomer

18. Judy and Boomer

Funny how he eats by himself (using the auto feeder) just fine during the day but at night seems to need (aka want) assistance or company :rolleyes::rolleyes:

19. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

10 out of 10 cycles on this dose, all green. :D All that effort getting up in the middle of the night is showing results. :)

My solution for reducing static is getting rid of rugs. We have hardwood upstairs and rug downstairs, which is the only place we sometimes have static issues. Oh, and we live in a place with more natural humidity.

20. Judy and Boomer

We have all hardwood except for an area rug in the living room.

21. Judy and Boomer

PMPS 68 shooting .25u

22. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Beautiful cycle, Boomer! You are a poster boy for the lagoon.

Dry air is a problem in our house in the winter, too. And we keep it quite cool (thermostat on 64 during the day; 58 at night). I think that plants help to humidify the air and I make sure not to forget to water them.

Ella & Rusty

23. Judy and Boomer

+2.5 52
    Feeding a half hour early tonight hoping that he's hungry enough when his feeder opens at +5.5 that he'll actually eat on his own. But alarm set to check.:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.