2/20, Francis's numbers

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Traci and Boomer, Feb 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traci and Boomer

Traci and Boomer Well-Known Member

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6798

Day 2 of no insulin:
    AM/103
    FED
    +3.5/110
    +6.5/75
    +10.25/159 - this number is without any food!
    PM/130
    FED

Weird, huh?

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Traci,

see if u can find out if mom gives/has food available at around +9, (both cycles), this sometimes helps bring down the numbers in the following hours

3. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

Dawn Effect, or something like that. I think it's thought to stimulate the pancreas... works for some kitties!

4. Traci and Boomer

Yup, it seems like he needs food then, we were talking about this last night trying to puzzle it out. She's got Francis and 3 civvies, 2 of which are total food-hogs. If she left any food they would eat it first. It would seem like she'd need multiple auto-feeders to let all the cats eat at 3pm so Francis would get a chance to eat. This is why the dry food being left out is used by so many people who don't know anything about it. Challenging situation. If she was rich I suppose she could go out and but 3 feeders. Mine was at least $30.

The problem is that if she gives him one drop of insulin he goes to 50, so it's either too much or not enough!

5. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

there's definitely pancreas action going on. I agree with the others, if there was a way to split his food into smaller meals, at least for a little while so his pancreas can heal, that might help.

6. Traci and Boomer

I'll tell Mom; she'll be thrilled to hear that she has to finagle a new way to give Francis mini-meals without the other mooches getting to the food! :lol: Poor Mom! :mrgreen:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.