2/20 Luck AMPS~113 OLDTIMER CHECKING IN

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Kim&Luck, Feb 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kim&Luck

Kim&Luck Member

Greetings LL - Not too much new for Luck. To be totally truthful about his ss - I have 1 unit written, but it certainly varies a bit, sometimes its a skinny 1 and sometimes its closer to a fat .5. I'd love to get him back to .5, but hey, a skinny 1 is almost there. He shocked both DH & I when he threw a 39 last week. DH just happened to test and caught it. As I was walking in the door and he out, he said, "tested Luck, he's a 39". "OMG" I said and ran in to test him. About 20 minutes had passed since his test and he immediately fed Luck just some regular food - and by then he was at 54. So I guess his pancreas just decided to pump out a little extra that day. :) Luck has been more playful than he has been in years since Christmas I'd say. He gets going after one of those feather toys and DH & I laugh and laugh at him. Plus I bought him a new nanner today and well let's just say, they got very well aquainted very quickly! :lol:

Weight wise he's still a solid 16 lbs. Loves to be furrminated, and usually sleeps at least part of the night with me as long as DS isn't home. If he's home ... Luck's there. Go figure. He did throw up pretty badly one night this week - he'd been outside and had a little grass I guess. I hope that is done for a long while that's for sure.

He also has found Sophie's feeding spot and hightails it to her bowl after he has finished his, pushed Grace out of hers, and now hustles to Sophie's cause she gets some good stuff. :) On that front, we are still trying to find a food that doesn't cause an allergic reaction. So far...not much luck. Now I'm into rotating differnet foods every few days and throwing the Z/D in only when I have to. I did get the Prairie that Jen suggested, and she didn't like it... :( If she doesn't like it, she won't eat all day. I've never had a cat like that before. Sorry this is so long - hi to all the other oldtimers out there in LL.

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Hi Kim and Luck!

nice to see u on Old Timer's Day!

Luck is doing so good!
    What a nice WCR!!
    :mrgreen:

3. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

Hi Kim and Luck! Nice to read your WCR.

4. Bo & Jake

Bo & Jake Well-Known Member

Hi,Kim!
    Nice to see You! Didn't forgot --will write You Loooong one!
    Hugs to furries and to You!
    Bo

5. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

Great update on Luck!

6. Cyn and Cosmo

Cyn and Cosmo Member

thanks for the update on Luck!! I guess I'm glad i'm the only bean in this joint, b/c i'd be plenty mad if I were the "staff" and these two preferred someone else... Luck sounds like he's doing great!

7. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

Nice to see Luck doing so well.
    (Nothing wrong with a long update, either. What could you have left out? It's all part of the picture :) )

8. Judith and Thomas

Judith and Thomas Member

Long?? That wasn't long by any measure...esp. if comparing to any of my 'long' posts. :lol:

So great to see you and hear your update. Sounds like Luck is doing great. Good that you caught that low number! He just likes to keep you on your toes!

I love seeing Luck's handsome pic...of course, reminds me of his 'twin'. Been 5 weeks. Hard to believe. Thomas's spirit lives on in his twin, though... cat_pet_icon rb_icon

So happy to hear from you guys.

9. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

that's not long! Actually I want more, I love hearing what Luck is up to. I'm glad he's a happy playful kitty and that things seem to be fairly even-keel. Good to hear from you!

10. jojo and bunny

jojo and bunny Member

hey NICE WCR there! really, that was really cool to read. he sounds like he is super healthy, always the main goal. :)

hmm...do you know what she is exactly allergic to? cause only using z/d sporadically like that...it doesn't make sense. that is not how food allergies work, either they can only eat the z/d (or whatever they are not allergic to) or not. are you sure she has a food allergy??
    (also there are so many food choices nowadays that are better than z/d. go to petfooddirect.com or one of those other internet cat food sources and do some searching. try a few things and if you find one that works and she likes you can usually always have your local mom and pop pet food store stock it for you).

anyways always good to see you. and ya might want to give same dose everyday so that when you get a 39 ya know it is a real dose reduction signal. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.