2/20 mocha pmps 161 +2 358 +3.5 376

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by PeterDevonMocha, Feb 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

http://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6767

WCR: found her way to the food in the feeder, hasn't found her way down from these high numbers yet. Don't know what's going on other then thinking even though she had a big drop the other day, she still can't handle full .25 dose reductions yet. Peter keeps reminding me she had green the other night, but it wasn't low greens by any means and she has had high yellows and pinks since.

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Re: 2/20 mocha amps 292

Mocha finally got her new feeder!
    Is she scared of it? lol
    Come down to pretty green Mocha!

Have a good day Devon!

3. PeterDevonMocha

Re: 2/20 mocha amps 292 +6 58

well, who knows what she was at earlier today. We have been gone all morning trying to find a decent used car to replace peters car that is ready to retire. Got home at +6 and found her at 58 so she is now enjoying a snackus treat. I wonder if she went below 50 today?

4. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

WOW Mocha!!! Joining the big drop club today, eh?

5. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Nice green! And it does look like Mocha is part of today's big drop club.

6. PeterDevonMocha

Re: 2/20 mocha amps 292 +6 58 +7 45, question

ok, my question is, we are doing 3 times under 50 on a dose, before lowering mocha. Her last time under 50 on this dose was on the 17. So technically this is her second time under 50. We were wondering what time frame the three times below 50 must fall in, for instance, if she goes below 50 twice in one week, and then does not go under 50 for a month, does that count as three, or do they need to be closer together?

7. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Re: 2/20 mocha amps 292 +6 58 +7 45 +8 52, question

(((Mocha)))
    Just might try skydiving as hobby --- with her dramatic drops :D

Thinking of you.. I know the wild up & downs are so unpredictable & frusturating sometimes... but she is looking good!!

Go Mocha Go!!!

:RAHCAT

8. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 2/20 mocha pmps 161, question

The protocol isn't specific with regard to the time between those <50 numbers. Although, if you are going strictly by the protocol, Mocha would be in the "Holding the Dose" phase when most of the tests are in the greens. I think this is a question for Jill or Jojo or Libby.

9. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

it's funny reading this condo late at night, going from reading this morning's post thinking the reduction didn't hold, to tonight's post wondering about when to do a reduction. Cats, they always have to one-up us, don't they? :roll:

About the timing of the reductions, my assumption is that the idea is for the cat to show that she is ready for a reduction by being more consistently in green. If she's high all the time but throws a 42 on one cycle, then goes back to being high, then that cat wouldn't necessarily need a reduction. So if a whole month passed between 40's, I would probably not reduce right away, but would wait for at least one more 40-something to show that she means business. I don't think that will happen here, though. :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.