2/21 KiKi AMPS 409, +4/365, +7/269, PMPS 411

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Donna & KiKi, Feb 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Donna & KiKi

Donna & KiKi Member

Scared as I was to see the results of the AMPS, I was pleasantly surprised to see that it atleast registered on my meter (that in itself, was a relief). It's a small step, but hopefully we will be heading in the right direction from this point on. Ordered more test strips off eBay, but they won't get here in time -- I think I need to go to the WalMart and buy a ReliOn meter and box of 20 strips (cheaper than the Contour test strips @ retail cost anyhow) I have 6 test strips left but hopefully between the 2 of them we can get buy until the mail gets here.
    Are there any money-saving secrets? I am currently laid off - barely making ends meet. I'm just really scared right now

**Ketones - Negative** YAY!!!!

**UPDATE** PMPS 411 Just keep shooting 1.00u ?

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 2/21 KiKi AMPS 409

The photo of Kiki in your profile is adorable! It also looks like from the other furkids that no piece of clothing is safe -- all tricolors!! Cute kitties!!

I also use a Contour. Check prices on Amazon. I have an Amazon Prime membership so on items that are part of that program, the shipping is free and it is 2-day shipping. Amazon's prices are very competitive for strips.

3. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Re: 2/21 KiKi AMPS 409

I think you will find that lantus is far superior to vetsulin, more gentle, more effective & controllable...(the cats of course, do their own thing :lol: )
    Now forget everything you ever learned about vetsulin, because lantus is totally different!!--No rolling vial, no shooting insulin back into vial, working more on the nadir number--and I guess you read all the stickys on lantus at the top of page. If you didnt, please do..It is more fragile though than other insulins.
    We were on N for a while..but she had poor results from it..
    There is always the supply closet..and last summer lantus producers gave away lantus solostar pens for free, so we are all still using them..Most of us buy the cartridges from Canada, as they are cost effective & last..I'm sure you will get more suggestions today.
    Wishing you nice blue green numbers on lantus & Your furbabies are just gorgeous!! Have a good Sunday!

4. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Re: 2/21 KiKi AMPS 409, +4/365

I peeked at your spreadsheet and saw YELLOW this afternoon! That's perfect for right now. :mrgreen:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.