2/22/18 Olive AMPS 432;+6=384; PMPS 446; +5=365

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Olive & Paula, Feb 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Dosecrease on board today. Hoping we start to see some movement when the depot fills. Continues to be a great eater. At the rate she is eating I will need an early chewy delivery again. I must say her breathing has quieted down. She is fussing at test time yesterday and today. Now that I know heart is okay, I will do the increases every 6 cycles until we break through. We will keep plugging along.

OT: somehow the hot water heater breaking is my fault.

Have a good day everyone.

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Good luck with the new dose. Glad she is eating good for you. Sorry about the water heater. :bighug::bighug:

3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Great news about her heart. I’m starting to think she couldn’t possibly have pancreatitis since she’s eating so much. I guess it’s possible but all the cats I know of with it become inappetent. Maybe it has come and gone. I think your vet is right that fatty liver was starting. If so the labs should improve on their own. :bighug:

4. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Hope you’ll see some movement soon and she settles down with the testing. Sure her eating will level off eventually. Hopefully it’s just a bad element in the hot water heater and you don’t need a new one.

How’s the rest of the crue? Are the co-existing better?

5. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

I hope you find a break-through dose soon! YAY for the good appy!

6. Olive & Paula

Vet thinks the p'titis results are skewed because of the diabetes and the other labs being slightly abnormal are possibly from not having proper regular meals for some time before she was found.

Everything will just be wait and see with her. And there really is no way to tell what she might have going on in her body.

7. Olive & Paula

New heater is a must. Inside tank is cracked. Caught it before any flooding happened.

Other kitties still leary of her. PJ got pissed Olive used HER box last night. The look on her face was priceless. She doesn't mind when Tux uses it. But even when Tripper uses it PJ is right there to defend her box from the enemy.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  8. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Sounds like the kitties are adjusting...at their pace of course.

I wonder if the extended belly is due to the lack of nutrients/food as well. People will get the extended belly when they are deprived for a long time of proper food levels as well.

Overall, I think Olive is very lucky.

Hope you find the crack in the High BG wall soon.

9. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Such great news about her heart and breathing. Work that increase, Olive!

10. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Such great news on the heart results, I'm sure all the labs will work out eventually, sounds like most of what is going on is acute, which is awesome. Go Olive! :bighug:

11. Olive & Paula

Wanted to get earlier test than +6 but had to go with hubby to get new water heater. Been home 20 minutes and I still have no hot water, what's up with that???? Aren't they self installing? Lol. Found it amusing that now you can get one that connects to wifi or smartphone. Why would someone need that? And not for $1000 more.

12. Olive & Paula

:arghh::arghh::arghh:. Can only hope this is NDW. I know it hasn't been long enough but it's so heartbreaking. I want to make her feel better. And don't know what else I can do until the insulin kicks in. I guess the pinks could be causing the bounce to red, but it's every cycle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.