2/24-25 Andy - 351 pmps; 353 +7 (AT2); 238 amps

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Yvonne & Andy &BJ (GA), Feb 25, 2019.

1. Yvonne & Andy &BJ (GA)

Yvonne & Andy &BJ (GA) Member

Previous

After pmps, used AT2 for testing - running short of strips - expect them today. Amps is Arkray meter.
    My AT2 reads abt 40 higher in 300's so 353 would be abt 313 for comparison.

2. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Well, Andy had to be dramatic with that bounce from the 34! :rolleyes:

I hope your strips arrive today!

3. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Wowsa! A 34! Glad he came up for you. So far he's pretty flat today. Maybe it'll be a flat yellow cycle and he'll slide down tonight or tomorrow.

4. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Sorry I missed your post yesterday; I wasn’t on the board.

I understand you didn’t have enough strips to test yesterday a.m. cycle and he dropped. Of course, that would have been the perfect cycle to catch the drop and see what %carb food would keep him from dropping so low. My suggestion is that you always have more strips around than you think you’ll need. I never let myself get below 300 in case I had an issue getting them.

I want to be sure you understand that you can’t equate a number on the AT to a number on the Arkray. I’ve done a ton of testing with my Micro and an AT2 and entered some of the data on a tab on Gracie’s SS. You’ll see that the numbers were never consistently a specific amount apart. I want to strongly discourage you from thinking that your two meters are always 40 apart. That’s going to give you a false sense of security.

Andy is a long-term diabetic so you want to reduce his dose when he drops below 40 although sometimes, depending on the situation, we might not take back-to- back reductions (if he goes below 40 two cycles in a row) due to the depot.