2/25/18 Olive AMPS 343; +9=365; PMPS 394; +5=351

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Olive & Paula, Feb 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Increase on board today. Litter and cat food shopping on this rainy dreary day.

Good day to all.

Shoeskitty-GA likes this.
  2. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Work the juice Olive!
    Have a good day Paula!

3. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

A pink start is better than a red one! Hope she starts coming down for you soon.

4. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

How exciting: shopping for litter! and cat food, too! Lucky kitties.
    Here's to a good new week beginning for Olive.

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Good luck with the new dose. I hope you see lower numbers soon.

6. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Hi Paula

I just had a chance to look at Olive’s labs. First, congrats on getting her. She doesn’t know how very lucky she is. I haven’t had a chance to check FB lately and see how she’s doing with Tripper, Tux, and PJ.

Her liver enzymes are elevated. While the ALT is a mild elevation, the fact that the ALP is also elevated concerns me. You can get a peak at the liver with an ultrasound but even that will just tell you if there is liver inflammation and it’s unlikely it will tell you the cause unless there is clearly something spotted on U/S like inflamed pancreas, bile duct issue, etc . Usually when the ALT and the ALP are elevated, it leads one to suspect cholangiohepatitis. As you may or may not remember, this was a challenge we had with Gracie.....elevated liver enzymes. Nothing definitive was ever diagnosed until they finally dx IBD but because the liver enzymes and the specfPL were elevated, they suspected just general inflammation in that area was causing the liver value elevations. For the three years she had elevated liver and specfPL values, she was asymptomatic and the labs were an incidental finding.

Olive’s BUN is a bet high but I wouldn’t worry about that on it’s own. I wish they’d done a UA so you could see if she is concentrating her urine. Her phosphorus is a tad on the high side as well although it’s not so important as long as she does not have early stages of CKD (not saying she does.....there is no indication of that with the labs you have).

Her platelet count is likely low because I bet they were clumped...that is very normal to see on most pets’ labs. The low lymphocytes are interesting; you would expect to see this in an elder cat or in a cat who had been on steroids.

I hope that helps!! And I hope she’s doing well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.