2/25 Aurora PMPS 83 NS

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Nicole Z, Feb 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicole Z

Nicole Z Well-Known Member

hi everyone! It’s been awhile since I have posted. Aurora has been surfing green for awhile now, sometimes I am skipping am or pm shots. I should probably test her more and I thu k perhaps she’s ready for a reduction back to .25
    She has been passing gas the last few days and there hasn’t been fully formed poops in the box from her. Tonight she didn’t come up for dinner. I checked her and she was at 83. I carried her upstairs and she sniffed her wet food and walked away. She never refuses food. Like ever! She went down to the basement and had the runs. I quickly cleaned up the litter box and after about 20 min she seemed hungry. She didn’t want the canned wet food but was happy when I offered her a plate of rad cat raw. I recently started her on 1/2 of a regular Claritin for a small growth in her gum line which has since gone away since giving the Claritin. The vet said she suspected some kind of allergy. Aurora has been pulling out fur as well. Any ideas as to the sudden bout of runs? I have b12 in hand that I give to my other cat for a loose poop issue now I just give it to her as maintenance so I gave Aurora an injection of b12.
    She’s been resting on the couch with me since. Spreadsheet is current. Thanks everyone!

2. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Nicole! :bighug::bighug:

The SS looks fantastic! I'd definitely try 0.25u and see if you are able to shoot twice a day. If so, if she stays in all greens for a full week, then you can try 0.1u.

May I ask why you didn't shoot 83 if you're following TR? Was it because she didn't want to eat?

I can't help with the meds stuff. Good luck!

Nicole Z likes this.
  3. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

Hi Nicole - Great to see you! Do you have a probiotic on hand? That would be my first suggestion. You may also want to watch for dehydration if this continues much longer.

Hope she feels better soon!

Nicole Z likes this.
  4. Nicole Z

Hi! Yes I didn’t shoot because she was refusing to eat, the last time she ate was at 2pm and then she went to the basement to sleep on her favorite chair. By the time she had the runs and then wanted the raw food it was already almost 7pm so I figured if she wasn’t feeling good that I should skip completely and re group tomorrow.

5. Nicole Z

I have some s boullardi should I give her some mixed in baby food?

6. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

Yes. That should help!

Nicole Z likes this.
  7. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Hi Nicole! Nice to see you again but I'm sorry that Aurora isn't feeling well.
    Nice AMPS and PMPS numbers! Do you get any mid-cycle tests?
    I believe I would lower her dose so that, hopefully, you can shoot twice each day.

Nicole Z likes this.
  8. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Hi Nicole. I’d definitely reduce to .25. She very well could have been dropping under 50 plus all those green preshots show it’s worth a try. Do you think maybe pancreatitis is causing the inappetence?
    She might be nauseous. If she doesn’t want to eat later tonight I’d try a dose of cerenia or ondansetron if you have any.

9. Nicole Z

Hi everyone ok she’s definately hungry I just gave her another plate of ther and cat raw that’s her usual bedtime snack and then I leave the weruva out to noble overnight. I mixed in the s boullardi to the raw and she ate everything. No, I dint get mid cycle tests but I should. I suspect she is dropping low when I am shooting so I should definately check. I’ll post the next few days here regularly so I can get some guidance and support. I am in agreement that she should get a reduction. So I was feeding both girls the wild calling food as well as the weruva that Judy was feeding boomer ( fowl ball, funk in trunk, etc ) and the rad cat raw. Wild calling hasn’t been available so I switched to just weruva and rad cat raw I wonder if the change in food has had anything to do with her numbers being so fantastic? She was blue for the most part but she’s been in the lagoon for quite awhile consistently.

Judy and Boomer likes this.
  10. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Definitely the food change could have brought her down as she’s getting less carbs. :D

Nicole Z likes this.
  11. Nicole Z

I’m so happy for Aurora she’s doing really well other than today. I know I’m not here much I post more on the cat site and have referred a bunch of people over here so hopefully they joined and it’s been helpful to them! You guys were a god send for us in the beginning! Xoxo

Mandy & Rex (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.