2/25 Luci AMPS 178

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sue and Luci, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Monday's Condo

Luci's foot seems to be bothering her a great deal. She won't put it down on the floor this morning. I'm worried...trying to be patient with her.

Her number this morning looks good surprisingly! I sure hope this foot settles down soon...I sooo do wish to avoid amputation if at all possible.

Have a good day everyone.

Dandelion and LilTurkey like this.
  2. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Nice AMPS Luci!
    Maybe the foot could be wrapped for a few days to give her some support as she gets used to not having the cast?

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Did you ask the vet about her not wanting to put weight on her foot? It may be she just needs time to get used to walking without the cast again. Sending prayers.

4. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

Nice blue AMPS! And a big YAY for the cast being off! Her foot may be a little weak from having the cast on for so long. It may feel funny too. She was so used to running around with the cast. I agree with Carla and Judy, you might check with the vet just to be on the safe side and wrapping it might help.

5. Sue and Luci

I'd have to take her back to the vet for that - she won't let me get near her foot...she's guarding it and get's mighty nasty when I tried to touch it gently this morning...

If she doesn't improve after a few days I'll be contacting the vet - I do believe she just needs some time to get used to the foot without a cast...ultimately if she can't use the foot or seems to be in pain he will want to amputate that toe :( I'm hoping to give her some time first...

6. Sue and Luci

Yes, he told me she would need 2-3 weeks to sort it out...but if she's in pain or unable to use her foot, he has recommended amputation :( :( :(

7. Dandelion

Dandelion Member

Might take some time for her bones/nerves/soft tissue/brain/spine to sort things out again now that her leg is in it’s natural state again... cast free. Maybe she needs some PT. :facepalm:
    Thinkin’ good thoughts for Luci. ❤️

Sue and Luci likes this.
  8. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope it doesn't come to that. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Sue and Luci and Briere Fur Mom like this.
  9. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

Prayers being sent to Luci....I hope she starts to use her foot.....maybe wrapping would offer some support.....Vet will have the answers...feel better Luci:bighug:

Sue and Luci likes this.
  10. Briere Fur Mom

Briere Fur Mom Well-Known Member

Prayers for Ms. Luci's lil piggy! With time she'll show you everything's ok. Maybe some gentle exercises that encourage her to use that foot? Without you touching that foot of course....geez Luci!:cat: Cats will be cats. Don't touch me, don't look at that foot...nope nope...hiss!:facepalm:
    At any rate, what a nice, beachy AMPS for Ms. Luci! WTG!:cool:
    I hope you have a great day Sue!

Sue and Luci likes this.
  11. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

I sure hope you get a second opinion before you let anyone amputate her toes! Did you do any research online about putting a cast on a cat for 3.5 months? Maybe it's a pinched nerve that's hurting her?

How does your Vet handle her foot when he examines her?

12. Sue and Luci

He has to give her mild sedation.