2-27-20 Moey AMPS=140 PMPS=147

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Briere Fur Mom, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Briere Fur Mom

Briere Fur Mom Well-Known Member

2-26-20(Yesterday). Good morning. I hope everyone has a wonderful day. Be good kitties and surf safely:cool::D

LOL...My brain is late to the party sometimes....I had a thought regarding caliper dosing. When using calipers to dose, why is a syringe with 1/2 unit markings necessary? If you know your 1u measurement, the rest is math. You really don't look at the lines on the syringe, to dose, when using calipers. Maybe I'm overlooking something:rolleyes: Also, is everyone remeasuring the syringe prior to each shot? Measuring to find the 1 unit, then doing the math to get the dose. Hope that made sense. My brain is a bit foggy today:banghead:

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  2. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice start for Moey. I hope he heads to the lagoon and surfs. I don't remeasure every syringe. Once I get the calculations that's what I use unless I change syringes. I use the markings on the syringe to measure the dose first and then check them with the calipers and make adjustments.

Sonia & Leo and Briere Fur Mom like this.
  4. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I don't look at the lines on the syringe anymore...but that's the only syringe I've ever bought -the Relion from Walmart...and I'm comfortable with them. I actually roll them around to the 'blank' side so I can see more clearly with my calipers and the plunger...no lines in the way :)

Hope you have a good evening Briere!

Briere Fur Mom and Sonia & Leo like this.
  5. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

I draw up more insulin than I need, then use the callipers to measure what line (or close to it) I'm aiming for, then like Sue, I turn the syringe around and measure again with the callipers on the blank side of the syringe and do any small adjustments in dose. Also, I use the inside jaws to measure. :):):)

Briere Fur Mom likes this.
  6. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Oh and you're right, you don't need half unit markings unless you're like me and use the lines as a target.

Briere Fur Mom likes this.
  7. Briere Fur Mom

Briere Fur Mom Well-Known Member

Do y'all think there's room to fatten Moey's dose to .6u? I realize I'll probably have to change my carb strategy a bit. It seems a bit more blue is creeping into his cycles. I was thinking a nudge could flatten his cycles by lowering those PS #s. Thoughts? Duration also seems to be an issue with this dose. TIA.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
  8. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Moey's nadirs are high greens. I think with as much as you monitor, you could fatten the dose. For anyone reading, this is advice just for Briere and Moey.

Briere Fur Mom and Sonia & Leo like this.