2-28-20 Moey AMPS=136 PMPS=139

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Briere Fur Mom, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Briere Fur Mom

Briere Fur Mom Well-Known Member

2-27-20(Yesterday). Good morning. I hope everyone has a lovely day. Kitties be good and surf safely!:D:cool:

2. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Come on Moey, work that new dose, we know you can do it!! :cool::D
    Happy Friday Briere!!

Briere Fur Mom likes this.
  3. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Looks like Moey is getting a nudge this morning. He's looking pretty good there Briere! I hope he follows his brother to the Falls!

Have a great day!

4. Briere Fur Mom

If y'all have any suggestions to help flatten his cycle out...I'm all ears:cat: His #s aren't bad but, there is some room for improvement(IMO...I could be wrong:eek:).
    Duration seems to be the problem. I've been feeding him smaller portions of food in the very beginning and towards the end of his cycles(prior to fasting); trying to extend the action of the insulin. Moey's flattest cycles were on a higher dose, last year. A dosecrease is not what I wanted for him but, I don't know what else to do.:(
    Here's hoping I've gained enough experience to manipulate his cycle with food, thus avoiding those premature reductions. But, Moey has the final say so, afterall!:nailbiting::rolleyes::p Please be a good ole' furry pants for me Moey!

5. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

The only thing I can think of to help flatten is Levemir. Have you thought of switching? I was reluctant to switch previously, but now I'm so glad I did. I think it really helped Luci level off...not to get her to remission now mind you...but at least she's not bouncing all over the place like she used to do.

I actually think Moey's SS looks pretty darn good...but I know that your objective is probably not to look good...but to get him to the Falls....

You might want to think about Lev as an option.

SnowKat and Briere Fur Mom like this.
  6. SnowKat

SnowKat Member

Moey, be a good boy for your mama :p

You know, Sue’s suggestion about Levemir might be worth considering; I’ve heard that echoed elsewhere as well. As I’m sure you are aware, I have similar concerns with Edward regarding the bouncing (big bouncing). I myself am thinking about switching to Levemir if my boy doesn’t flatten out soon.

Anyway... Briere, I hope you have a lovely day.

Sue and Luci and Briere Fur Mom like this.
  7. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

I agree with Sue! His SS is really good. I feel it's up to him if he gets lower & earns a reduction. :p
    [​IMG]

Briere Fur Mom and Sue and Luci like this.
  8. Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA)

Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA) Well-Known Member

Yes, Disco had a pretty flat day yesterday, but after the pogo sticking of the last few days, I was glad for it. I am not sure if the manipulation I’m doing with his snacks are making any difference at all, started out with MC snacks in the p.m. because it was when he dipped the most but that’s evened out and yesterday it was all LC snacks that I fed. I’m not sure that was the right thing to do because the carbs are out of their system within two hours, but he was high enough that I didn’t really need BG’s to be any higher so I think I’ll just keep that MC for when he has something in the low 100s that concerns me… Of course a low 100s is where I want him to be be, but because he’s not there yet it would concern me, LOL.

9. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Hope the insulin nudge helps...personally I don't see the need to try another insulin, Lantus seems to generally be working well for Moey IMHO. You are still getting greens almost every cycle, which is great. Since you are testing well, I might suggest you stop feeding when the numbers are mid cycle and coming back up. Like yesterday am cycle, I might have not fed at +6.25 since he was flattish and looking like past nadir.

10. Briere Fur Mom

Believe me I would love to not feed past +6. Moey will eat me if I don't give him a lil something smthg. Not only that, he gets the hungry pukes with the added bonus of, "If you don't feed me I'm going to eat anything I can get in my mouth"....pica. Unfortunately, I have to offer him small snacks to get him by.:(

11. Christie & Maverick

What a cheeky monkey he is! Hmmm...well, that puts a kink in things, doesn't it? What about chicken pieces, or perhaps if you can get Tiki brand food, that's zero carb, I like the Puka Puka Luau it is just shredded chicken in juice. He really does look good, sometimes all they need is a little extra nudge, that might just to the trick.

12. Briere Fur Mom

Funny story(IMO)...when cleaning the house, you know the areas that collect cobwebs so, you clean in these places semi-routinely. Well, I couldn't figure out why these areas of my house were staying cobwebless(if that's even a word!). One day while Moey was fasting prior to AMPS I noticed some food seeking behavior. I followed him around and I be darned, he was eating the cobwebs!!!o_O So, now Moey gets banished to his bedroom while fasting:stop: If he gets the hungry pukes, I offer him cat grass.:)

ETA: He actually showed me where I need to focus more efforts on cleaning in my house. I didn't know cobwebs even grew there:p:facepalm::rolleyes:

13. Christie & Maverick

That's very funny, and weird at the same time lol. Maverick likes to lick plastic bags, but beyond that I haven't been able to enlist his help with cleaning other surfaces... :p

14. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Cobwebs are just abandoned spider webs that have collected dust. Maybe Moey ate the spiders!! :eek: [​IMG]

15. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

LOL on the cobwebs. I think Lantus is working well for Moey. It will just take time if he is to go into remission.