2/3 jebat pmps 137 +4 83 +6 94

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Waheeda, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Waheeda

Waheeda Well-Known Member

Wow first time we got a green in the evening cycle!

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice to see that green.
    I hope the infection clears up soon. Glad your other civvie has put on some weight. Sending prayers.

3. Waheeda

Thanks Carla.

4. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Wonderful! A lot of kitties have their low cycles at night time which can make for fun slumber parties. :eek:

5. Waheeda

Mine is usually the morning cycle. He’s always higher at night! First green tonite.

6. Waheeda

Can I ask about shooting Low number - @carfurby @Bobbie And Bubba
    Is it safe to shoot above 80? This am he was 83 but I stalled. I’m wondering if I shld hv just shoot at 83 instead of stalling. Will it make any difference? And full dose or lesser?

7. Bobbie And Bubba

I think with the data you have now, you could have safely shot the 83. He was all ready on the rise when you did shoot. And remember , the number you are shooting pre-shot is without food and after he eats he’ll get a food bump and the insulin onset isn’t until around +2 .

Since this was the lowest you have shot, I would get a +1 and +2 test in case you have to step in and give a little food if he starts to drop.

Si am cat mom likes this.
  8. Waheeda

I wanted to shoot but was a bit scared. So I had 3 growling cats at 530am! Lol!
    And it is safe to give full dose ya?

9. Bobbie And Bubba

Yes , full dose. Here’s the thing: When people reduce the dose because they are nervous about a lower pre shot number, the first part of the cycle is going to be unaffected by the reduction because of the depot at play.

With TR and plenty of data of how he is reacting to Lantus, you will soon be shooting anything over a 50.

We are all scared to shoot our first green! As long as you can monitor, you are in control because you can always intervene with higher carb food should you need it. We have a saying around here, shot low to stay low. Lantus is known for its nice flat cycles, when a cat starts off in greens the cycle is very flat. It sounds counterintuitive but it’s true. Look at Bubba’s SS for 2019 prior to going off insulin again.

Bandit's Mom and Sonia & Leo like this.
  10. Waheeda

Wow nice SS. Hope we can achieve this.
    The thing is he has lower numbers in the morning when I’m at work. I’ve been running back home whenever I’m worried but some days I can’t afford to. That’s my main worry.

11. Bobbie And Bubba

That is a concern with those who are working outside the home. Do you have a automatic feeder where you could isolate him in a room ( from the other hungry kitties ) ? That way, you could leave some food strategically timed to keep him surfing. If a feeder isn’t possible then some caregivers start their kitty off with higher carb food those times when the pre shot is lower. That way, they get a big food hike before the Lantus onset and then leave some more food out too.

Have you seen the info sticky on working full time and doing TR? If you haven’t, let me know and I’ll link it for you.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  12. Waheeda

I have read the sticky. I have to figure out what suits us.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  13. Waheeda

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  14. Si am cat mom

Si am cat mom Well-Known Member

Not technically on TR though...just SLGS with a modified reduction number due to the Dry food, right ?
    Just making sure

15. Waheeda

Yes that’s right.
    But I don’t understand the difference. Cos I can always decide to modify reduction to 50 and change dosage after 3/4 days. Which is what TR is except that they eat Young Again dry.

16. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

i'd be interested to know this too since my kitty is on YA kibble too.

17. Waheeda

Do u remove the kibble 2 hrs before shot time? Cos when he had diabetes the first time and on vetsulin, I was told I don’t hv to remove the kibble but this time on lantus, I was told to remove. I thought it’s 0% carbs. Don’t quite understand the reason.

18. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

i remove it almost 3 hours before shot time to be on the safe side - since it is kibble and not wet food. i guess even 0% carb causes a food spike in glucose which one wants to avoid at shot time.

Waheeda likes this.
  19. Waheeda

Are u back from your hols? How’s makoto doing?