2/4 Disco AMPS 422, +1 485, +2 390, +3 329, +4 330, PMPS 285, +2 287, +3 226. The marathon continues

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA), Feb 4, 2020.

1. Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA)

Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday 2/3: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...11-25-62what-do-i-do-now.225173/#post-2520513

As crazy as this past few days has been, I’m still glad that disco is on Lantus instead of insulin and that there’s hope in the future that we can get him having beach days And no black clouds!

Once again, I want to thank the group members who stayed up late and who provided moral support during Disco’s ups and downs yesterday!

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
  2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

A couple clarifications from yesterday. Those high numbers last night were only a bit bounce, but rather, more from lack of duration. Lantus doesn’t last 24 hours in the cat. Luckily, the depot does help out a bit to alleviate the numbers.

Things you could do different next time, besides shooting full dose, which you will have to do at some point.;) Delay without feeding, until the numbers come up to a number you feel comfy shooting. By +2 is was evident he was rising, might even have known that by +1.5, which would only put the schedule back that much. Another option was a reduced dose, to give him something. All those options give you data, and generally help you decide to eventually shoot full dose. After all, you did safely shoot 113 a couple days ago.

Personally, I loved getting a preshot in the 80’s with my girl, cause it meant super flat cycles with a movement of no more than 10 points. Some day you will find Disco’s sweet spot too.

3. Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA)

Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA) Well-Known Member

Thx! I will remember this!