2/4 Gordy AMPS 553 | PMPS 348

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by CassAndGordy(GA), Feb 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CassAndGordy(GA)

CassAndGordy(GA) Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/2-3-gordy-amps-373-4-282-pmbg-146.190622/

This is what I get for no shot last night... but he isnt eating still. I have him insulin anyway because of the number.

He has never had a DKA episode, but I am worried. The vet opens at 9, so I am gonna call for some anti nausea meds. He could also be feeling icky frim his vaccines (that happens to him) - his ears are hot.

Right now he is locked in the spare room with 2 options for brekkie, water, litter box and a window to look out. I mainly wanted Rex to keep away from his food so I can gauge what he ate.

I am gonna try and go back to sleep for a little bit. Nothing else I can do at this point.

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm sorry Gordy is not feeling well and not wanting to eat. I hope he will eat for you or the vet can give him something to help. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

3. CassAndGordy(GA)

I just poked my head into his room and he was eating! I left him un there for now, ill open it back up when I get a +2.

4. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Glad he is eating. Hope his nausea is gone and he can get back to normal today. :bighug:
    Glad you like the new vet, but I can't believe you had to wait over 3 hours past your appt. time! :eek:

5. CassAndGordy(GA)

+2=517

He ate almost all the Tiki Cat I left, so thats good!

6. CassAndGordy(GA)

+4=371

He is coming down fairly fast, but he has had no carbs, so that is part of it.

I only had 1 can of tiki, so if he denies FF again later, we'll go with the purely fancy feast ,which is similar to tiki.

7. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hi Cass , sorry Gordy is being picky with his appy. I missed yesterday and the vet visit fiasco. First if I were waiting 3 hours after my scheduled time, they would have to sedate me too!

Was the visit just routine check up? I'm assuming the no shot last night was due to not eating?

Hope his appy picks up for you and glad he is sliding down.

About the Convenia shot: I know you said he's had it before and had no problem. Just keep in mind that a allergic reaction can occur at any time and with something in their system that lasts 2 + weeks and can't be retrieved can be problematic. And here's the kicker with Convenia that vets push, it is a AB for skin infections and doesnt do anything for mouth related issues. And if his gingivitis is back an AB WON'T do poop for it ; the only thing that gets rid of the gingititis is to remove it by having a dental cleaning.

Just be vigilant that if he becomes real latharic , wobbly, and starts breathing rapidly , you'll want to get him seen ASAP. Usually, if there will be an allergic reaction it will be in the first 24 hours or so.

8. CassAndGordy(GA)

PMPS 348

Came down to yellows. Hopefully he doesnt bounce back up too much.

It was his annual checkup. And yeah, I skipped because he wasn't eating. He probably would have been fine, but I didn't want to chance it with iffy appetite.

Yeah, I was a little skeptical about needing the AB, but sometimes I trust vets too much :rolleyes: she did surprise me with her knowledge of Lev. Who knows LOL. Ill keep an eye on him. Its been over 24 hours now, so I think we are clear of that part...

His appetite is back! But he is still feeling icky. He always does this after vaccines - i think its mainly that combo distemper one. His ears are hot and he is sleepy. But he is also very responsive and purr-y, so it should pass soon.

His paw seems better today .

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.