2/4 | Moose | PMPS = 131, +1 = 95, +2 = 40; +2.5 = 32; +3 = 36; +3.5 = 41 +4 = 64

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Moose (GA) & Rae, Feb 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

Good morning, kitties & beans! :cat: How is everyone today? Isn't the super bowl today or something? (I don't watch it, but thought it may be today as I'm going to a friend's house later for a get together type thing w/ lots of food and such, so sounds about right.)

Link to yesterday's condo.

Last night was quite eventful! New meter in hand, and I think that Moose earned another reduction since he dropped below 40. I know that back to back reductions are not advised...but the 30's are a scary place to be!

I'm a bit nervous about shooting .1U as I had a hard time with figuring out .25U. I've got pictures and the paper ruler printed out, and a magnifying glass. Here goes nothing!

Have a wonderful Sunday! Hug to alls! :D

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Numbers in the 30s are an automatic reduction. Moose is really on a mission. I hope he surfs safely for you today. Sorry about the vomit on the meter yesterday. Glad you were able to get another one. I hope Moose lets you get out today for your get together. Yes, it is Superbowl Sunday. I don't watch it either, but I've heard it on the news.

3. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

That he is! Doesn't seem like he's going to stop until he gets OTJ. Thank you so much :D

4. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

+1 = 120

Higher than his usual +1 is, maybe it's a bounce from the lows last night?

5. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

Still looking good, Moose!

Sorry about the extra drama last night :facepalm:. Moose does know how to keep things interesting! Hope he behaves himself for you today.

6. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

Good morning!

Haha, yes he is a drama king! My BF and I joked that Moose will purposefully find out where I'm storing the new meter, and throw up on it again. I'm going to keep the meter zipped up in its case between tests instead of leaving it out...Haha, Moose, thwarted! You have no thumbs! :smuggrin:

Have a great Super Bowl Sunday! How is Amber today?

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  7. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

He's a very clever boy... throwing up on the meter! :rolleyes: :D Surf safely, silly ol' Moose! :cat:

Moose (GA) & Rae likes this.
  8. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

+2 = 123.

Interesting, he usually has an early onset. Probably a bounce then. Unless this morning was a fur shot and I didn't realize it.

9. CassAndGordy(GA)

CassAndGordy(GA) Well-Known Member

He could just be bouncing some today.

(I'll take Moose's bounce numbers over Gordy's any day lol)

Glad he came up for you last night! He definitely is on a mission.

Mandy & Rex (GA) likes this.
  10. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

I sure hope so! I don't think that the reduction was a bad idea because of how last night went, but all of the blue still has me worried.

Mr. Gordy, c'mon and be good for your bean! No more bounce-a-roos! I'm glad that he ate almost all of his Tiki though...that's good stuff! (or at least that's what Moose tells me.)

CassAndGordy(GA) likes this.
  11. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Moose!!! You are most prolific with your reductions!

He could be bouncing a bit. Let's see where he lands when the bounce clears.

12. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

Kitty on a mission! :cat:

How long about (I know that ECID) does a bounce last?

13. Nan & Amber (GA)

It really is ECID. Some kitties bounce up to three days, but from what I can see on Moose's spreadsheet, he's seems to keep it to one cycle. Which would mean possibly another fun night tonight!

Amber is great! She has her routine-- basically rotates around her favorite sleeping spots all day. Happy as a clam! Though I do need to get a BG test in soon, it's been a couple weeks since I tested her (her spreadsheet is woefully out of date, but I do grab tests every couple weeks or so to make sure she's not creeping up).

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  14. Bobbie And Bubba

As Nan said a bounce can take up to 6 cycles or 3 days to clear. And Moose is clearing faster than that.

15. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

I made plans to hang out with some friends for Super Bowl tonight (even though I don't care about football) since I haven't socialized for a bit. I'm going to see how the night goes, and make a decision before I leave on whether to go or not. I wonder if they would let me bring him with me, haha! We will see. It's not important that I go, I'd rather be home and be able to give Moose his PM shot and monitor him. My friends will understand.

Hehe, so cute! Which spots are her favorite? It's so funny how habitual they are! I hope that her numbers are still remaining stable when you do the test. And I want to say thank you for sticking around the forum and helping others. Initially, I was surprised to see so many people whose cats were OTJ still hanging around the forum, but now I understand why! I hope that one day when I am more knowledgable, that I can help others on the forum as they have helped me.

16. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

17. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Moose is already clearing the bounce! :D:D

18. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

Yay! *happy dance* :p

19. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

+6.25 = 93

Moose is already crying for food...guess he body hasn't gotten used to the early feeding time! I think I'll give him a little LC snack.

Mandy & Rex (GA) likes this.
  20. Phoebes (GA)

Phoebes (GA) Well-Known Member

YAY MOOSE!! good job. It's nice to see the blues and drk greens. Yes so many wonderful beans on here. Nan was our life saver in the very beginning too. She is Phoebes other mother. :) as is Wendy.

21. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

A few too many blues, but much better than lime green! I'll take it! Maybe it's a sign that Moose won't be up to his usual shenanigans this evening, lol :rolleyes:

Nan and Wendy are amazing! So very helpful.

22. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

+8 = 117

He didn't stay green as long as I thought he would, but he is past his nadir so I guess I shouldn't be surprised that he's going back up!

23. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Moose is really working to get OTJ in a hurry!

Here is hoping for an uneventful evening.

24. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

He was never a patient kitty :rolleyes: Thank you!!

25. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

26. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Moose, time to come back to the greens! :D

27. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

Yes!! Just shot...did scruff this time and apparently that has a later onset? Wish I would have done flank so I could see how the night will be early on. Time will tell...

28. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

I don't know if there's anything to that, some people noticed it did, it would be nice, but it's purely anecdotal. Watching with interest! ;)

29. Nan & Amber (GA)

As if Moose plays by the rules, anyway....

30. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

Ok well good then because I'd rather know sooner rather than later how the night is gonna go, lol!

31. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

LOL so true...

32. Bobbie And Bubba

Hope you have a nice sail into greens with a gentle surf tonight. Are you going to your friends for the Super Bowl?

33. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

+1 = 95

I can't really tell what that means for the night.

34. Bobbie And Bubba

It's lower than the Pre shot so it could be an active cycle. Does that mean he'll dive? Don't know. Get a +2 as you might need to steer with a little food if he goes down at the same rate.

35. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

Thank you! :D

I don't know...I don't want to leave in case Moose goes into lime green. Told the BF to go without me but now he doesn't want to just leave me home. Told him it was fine, I'll be fine at home. Just want to make sure Moose is going to be OK...

36. Bobbie And Bubba

Rae, I would do the same thing. Send BF to get some yummy food from the party and come back home, LOL!

37. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

Haha yes good idea! I don't care about football anyway. Only the food & beer :D

38. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Waiting to see that +2...

39. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

+2 = 40 :eek:

Fed 2.5 tsps of HC + 5 drops Karo...

40. CassAndGordy(GA)

41. Mandy & Rex (GA)

It's settled then. You're staying home!

Moose, Moose... :confused:

42. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Seconding @CassAndGordy :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Ok, that kitty is definitely on a mission to OTJ

43. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

Yup I had already decided to stay home after the +1...BF left an hour ago...I'm so glad that I didn't go...

44. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Oh Moose! You've made your point...again. :facepalm:

45. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

Already fretting about what to do tomorrow since it's Monday and back to work...I can't monitor...:nailbiting:

46. Mandy & Rex (GA)

You should skip in the morning then try the drop dose tomorrow night when you're home to monitor.

47. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

Good plan...that is usually why I have to skip in the mornings during the week. Of course the last 2 days that I was home during the day, Moose decides to behave himself (after the AM shot, at least! Can't say the same for the PM...)

48. Nan & Amber (GA)

Sigh. Moose!!!!

49. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

+2.5 = 32....

Fed 4 tsps HC + 10 drops Karo

50. Nan & Amber (GA)

51. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

+3 = 36...

C'mon Moose...up up and away you go...

52. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

Fed 4 tsps HC + 10 drops Karo

53. Nan & Amber (GA)

Keep going. He's always come up before...

I'll be interested to hear what the pros say on this situation, but if it were me, I am not sure I'd want to give Moose any more insulin after this. He is just sending signal after signal...

As usual, be ready to head to the ER. I'm worried at two tests in a row in the 30's, hoping he turns it around pronto. Any changes in behavior, etc.?

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  54. CassAndGordy(GA)

I wouldn't consider myself a pro, but if I were you, I'd skip in the AM. He is giving you some strong signals.

Some of this may be depot action, so a drain from a skip may paint a good picture.

Now up, Moose!!! :stop:

55. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

Yeah I'm not sure that I want to either...I'm worried that because he keeps slipping into the 30's and 40's every night that it might cause some sort of long term damage...I'm not sure...maybe I'm just overreacting. I'll wait to hear if anyone else has any input on the situation. I appreciate your thoughts, though! You're an expert in my book :)

Not really...he was hollering for food which isn't abnormal for him but usually he doesn't cry for food so soon after dinner.

About to test again...

56. Tracey&Jones (GA)

I am not expert but with those really low drops and the amount of steering your are doing, I would not give anything tomorrow. Not even in the evening. Let the depot drain significantly. Still test though the PS times. If you see him creeping up over the next day or two..then maybe try a drop. If that isn't enough then try the .1u again.

Nan & Amber (GA) likes this.
  57. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

I'm definitely going to be skipping in the AM because I work tomorrow and can only monitor +1 and +2...but not able to monitor after that so no AM shot for Moose!

That makes sense, and also explains why he always falls so low in the evening rather than during the day. Depo in action.

58. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

Ok I will, thank you for your input! I'm fine to give him a bit of a break for a day and see how things go.

59. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

+3.5 = 41

Feeling better that he's in the 40's now...

Going to feed 2 tsps HC + 5 drops Karo.

60. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Not going up very quickly is he?

61. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

He seems to be following last night's pattern...or so I'm hoping. If so, hopefully he will be in the 50's @ +4...

62. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

63. Nan & Amber (GA)

You said it!

64. Bobbie And Bubba

Oh my, I missed the Moose show. I agree with the others and skipping tomorrow when you can't monitor is a really good idea. And like Nan said, tomorrow night try a drop for this dose.

65. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

But it's on at the same time every night! ;)

How does one draw a drop? I think I saw someone say that you push the plunger as hard as you can against the bottom, put the needle into the vial, and then let go of the plunger and that will be a drop. Is that correct?

66. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

+ 4.5 = 95

He really listened to the "ups"!

67. Bobbie And Bubba

Yes , that's how you get a drop. Practice first with water and then plunge to see that you should have a drop.

When you give the drop to Moose keep the plunger pushed in as you remove the needle from his skin. That will prevent the drop from sucking back into the syringe.

68. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

Ok I will do that. Thank you for the tips! :)

69. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Good luck with the drop dose tomorrow. Moose's SS looks like he could use a tiny bit of insulin support yet. He was on 0.5 units just 5 cycles ago, so there could be some depot still in play. Spreadsheets of kitties ready for trials are typically all green. Paws crossed he'll let you shoot just that drop and stay at the dose for more than a cycle or two.

On the cycles that you are home, have you tried giving Moose a small snack (couple tsps) around +8 to +9? That might stimulate his almost working pancreas and bring down those blue preshots. Note to any lurkers, this is a thing only for kitties on very small doses and close to trials.

70. LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles

LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles Member

I think Moose and Freckles have been conspiring!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.