2/4 Silver AMPS 211 +7=162

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Juliet, Feb 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

3. Juliet

Juliet Guest

I just don’t want him to end up being a high dose kitty either. Can’t believe we’re now at 3u. Doesn’t make sense that he got greens at .25.

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

3 units is not close to being a high dose kitty. Sometimes a dose goes stale after showing results at first and then you have to keep increasing.

5. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Yeah I know 3u isn’t high dose but we have been increasing steadily for months. I was saying I don’t want to get there. Nothing is making sense at all and no dose is having much effect.

6. LuanneP

LuanneP Member

Merry continued to go up & up in dose until we hit the dose that started earning him reductions. Merry got up to 5u and he's now on 3.75u as we slowly head back down the dosing ladder.

Silver is only on his 4th cycle of 3u and it can take a few cycles to fill the depot up to the 3u dose & then hopefully when that happens you will see some more blues & greens :)

Juliet and Tracey&Jones (GA) like this.
  7. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Oh thanks for the encouragement. It’s good to know it will work eventually. When you started coming back down did it make his numbers go up again? I find it hard to understand that we find the “ideal dose” only to then change it. So confusing.

Mind you he did come and cuddle this morning after his food so I know it wasn’t cupboard love! He’s my sweet boy. Although choosing to sleep on the piece of paper I am trying to read isn’t exactly helpful! 3EC10E79-0108-4F96-9203-182FD5A154DA.jpeg

8. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Depends on whether your are trying to read the paper or get the human to give loves!

Juliet likes this.
  9. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

Ah! But is it a ploy to get at the wool :cat: , if that's a knitting/crochet pattern I see there.

Myagi (GA) and Heidi likes this.
  10. Juliet

Juliet Guest

895E5D74-9261-4259-B6A1-FABE6A75EC1B.jpeg
    Correct! And all my yarn is hidden! Finished result.

How is Ty doing?

LuanneP and Stacy & Asia like this.
  11. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

That's beautiful, Juliet! :woot:

I tried to learn to knit a few times, I'm left handed, it was hopeless. :facepalm:

Juliet likes this.
  12. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Been doing it since I was 4. Cats and knitting. That’s my thing.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  13. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Beautiful sweater! Nice photo of Silver too. :)

Juliet likes this.
  14. Tracey&Jones (GA)

That is a great sweater! I don't have any talent with knitting needles.

Juliet likes this.
  15. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Thanks

Nice blue day today if you ignore the AMPS. Am thinking for ideal numbers high neon green to low dark green would be about right with the variance. We hit mid green on last dose so maybe better on this one. If I ever see neon green I’ll immediately grab a second test.

PussCatPrince - GA likes this.
  16. Tracey&Jones (GA)

I don't like the neon greens myself. I like the 4-5 range. Nice and normal especially when giving insulin.

17. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Yeah remember I’m thinking accucheck. Reality readings. I like 4-5 range too. But on a proper reading.

18. LuanneP

LuanneP Member

Yes, he has some yellows in there as well. Yesterday & the day before are great examples. Check out his SS. He had several yellows on Feb 2, then started Feb 3 in blues but went back to yellow at PMPS & before bed. BUT this morning when I checked him at AMPS he was 3.3(59) which I did not expect but I guess when I look back on his SS he's known to do that. So far today he's been all green. I'm working from home today so I gave him his shot but if I wasn't planning on working from home already & had to go into the office I may have skipped his shot or gave a reduced dose.

How do you know that the Accucheck is the meter with the more reliable readings? Just curious. The other day when Merry gave me a 3.3 I checked him on the AlphaTrak2 with the same blood drop (only because I had 1 strip left for that meter & was curious but I don't compare the two usually) & it gave me 4.9 so both green numbers & when using the AT2 the Hypoglycemia number is less than 3.7 but on a human meter the Hypo number is less than 2.7 (lime green on the SS is < 2.7) so the difference is accounted for between the AT2 & human meters. It seems that the numbers from the Accucheck might be more comparable to the AT2 meters.

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.