2/6 Mandarin AMBG 76 / Walter AMBG 83

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mandarin'sMom, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Mandarin'sMom

Mandarin'sMom Well-Known Member

Last condo

We made it through the polar vortex. While no one enjoyed the record-breaking cold, my zoo was happy to have me home for a few days. I've been back on campus since Monday and we are still trying to get back into the swing of things. It's surprisingly difficult to rearrange syllabi and make up for missed classes.

Mandarin and Walter are continuing to do well. They have had a few low blues, but have both stayed below 120 since going OTJ. Interestingly, they also seem to follow the same pattern. Yesterday, they both started the day in blue. Today, they are both back in the lagoon. They also seem to be feeling well and Mandarin has been extra playful lately - much to Flora's delight.

Hope everyone's kitties will be on their best behavior today.

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad both boys are still doing well. It's great to hear Mandarin is being so playful.

Mandarin'sMom likes this.
  3. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

How do you feed them?
    George got a +9 snack when he was OTJ, interestingly, if he missed the +9, because he was to lazy to get out of bed, he was in low blue in the morning. I also noticed that the lack of +9 snack had more of an effect early on in his remission, it became less problematic at a later stage.
    They are looking great.
    I haven't seen pics of Flora in ages.
    Is it just the three kitties now?

4. majandra

majandra Well-Known Member

Nice to see they are doing well :)
    Could it be hormones as to why they have similar patterns?

5. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Awesome!

6. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

:D:D Glad the boys are doing well!:joyful:

7. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Happy to hear everyone is doing well.

8. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

What an awesome update! It is absolutely fascinating that they follow each other so closely. I'm also so thankful they both are exhibiting "followable" behavior! Keep up the good work boys! Hope you can get caught up soon!

9. Mandarin'sMom

I am sure the feeding time has something to do with their numbers. I usually set an alarm for 4 am to feed (+8), but if they wake me up before then, I just feed them at that point and turn off the alarm. That tends to lead to higher numbers. I have never done a +9 because 5 am would be late enough that my dogs might think that it's time to get up. The joy of having multiple critters with different internal clocks. :rolleyes:

And I still have the same zoo - in addition to Mandarin and Walter, there's Iris and Flora who are going to be 3 soon but have had enough medical issues to last a lifetime. And Capone (my big grey and white cat), Sparrow, and Sassy (who keeps the dogs in line). I also still have my dogs... and a new-ish foster dog, Emma, that is 12 years old and in liver failure.

10. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

So nice to hear that the boys continue to do well! Funny how they follow the same routines; I remember referring to them as "bookends" several times!

11. Gill & George

Quite the family, we're skittle smaller at 6cats and 2dogs.
    I was wiwonderi about iris, I remembered her being poorly when just a kitten, so was afraid to ask. Glad she's still with you. I hope their health issues don't stop them from having fun.

12. Mandarin'sMom

No, not at all. They are both wild and crazy and still act like kittens. They are both under 7 pounds and still look like kittens too (especially compared to my big boys). Thankfully, Iris has been doing great ever since she had those yucky polyps removed. And even though it took a few months, the Horner's Syndrome also went away on its own.

13. Gill & George

Awe, my little girl is about the same size, she's a year and half old, she's literally half the size of George. When we fostered her she was a few months old, she'd been at another foster, when I got her home, I looked in her ears and it looked like someone had stuffed coffee grounds down her ears the earmite infestation was so bad, it was making her dizzy and wobbly, she looked like she had a mild nystagmus, I worried she might have neiroloneuro problems or was so bad, thankfully once we treated her ears the rest of the symptoms disappeared,. One of the ladies that rescued her and her siblings from the roadside, said she was in the worst state of the lot of them, they had really bad worms and very swollen tums. I didn't think much of the diet they had her on either, so I've always wondered if her small size is related to a poor start in life, she has quite big paws but has never grown into them.

14. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Great report on the boys. Keep it going, Walter & Mandarin.
    Wow on your fur family. Glad to hear that Iris is doing well.
    :):):)

15. Rosie & Bailey

Rosie & Bailey Well-Known Member

Great report on the entire zoo :)
    I can only imagine how exciting/exhausting it must be to try to manage all of those internal clocks!