2/6 Thos - Increase? How much? AMPS 97, +4 93, +8 94, PMPS 98, +4 102

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tom & Thomas (GA), Feb 6, 2019.

1. Tom & Thomas (GA)

Tom & Thomas (GA) Member

Previous 2/5

Pretty flat, boring day. But that's OK!

With tonight's shot we'll be at the eighth cycle on the current dose. Any reason I shouldn't increase? Anything wrong with continuing my micro-increases rather than moving up by a full 0.25u?

2. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Great greens, I would personally leave it same

Tom & Thomas (GA) and Giomax like this.
  3. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

I think there is some room for some lower nadirs. If you can monitor as you have been, I would take him up to .50 to see if you can tap the whole cycle down some and get him a bit lower. JMHO.

4. Giomax

Giomax Member

If it were me, I wouldn't mess with the dose.

Tom & Thomas (GA) likes this.
  5. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

I would listen to Bobbie, she has way more experience

6. Tom & Thomas (GA)

Tom & Thomas (GA) Member

Yes, thanks, we have been seeing some nice numbers and often pretty flat curves. I feel quite blessed that Thos has made it to this point, especially since it took me way too long to get my act together here. But it would be so great if we could get all the way to normalized numbers, with my preference being to do so gently.

My current concern, aside from ongoing anxiety about doing everything wrong, is that Thos is starting to rebel a bit at testing. If this continues, I might hold off on an increase and the need to monitor closely.

Bobbie And Bubba and Giomax like this.
  7. Bobbie And Bubba

Your call Tom, you hold the syringe and the lancet. I am only looking on and seeing the SS. You know Thomas the best.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  8. Rosie & Bailey

Rosie & Bailey Well-Known Member

I agree with Bobbie. Bailey had flat high green numbers as well, just like Thos. I did a micro increase, and she is getting some very nice curves now and lower nadirs. I am also following @Gill & George's advice to give Bailey a snack @+9, and Bailey is now getting more green preshots.

9. Bobbie And Bubba

To help with testing anxiety on Thomas's part, are you offering him a low carb treat after the test? That can really help as they start to associate the test with a treat.

10. Tom & Thomas (GA)

Tom & Thomas (GA) Member

It was Wendy who steered me towards finer dosing to nudge Thomas's numbers down.

I just took a closer peek at Bailey's sheet. Wow. I hadn't caught the fine dosing before. And you're getting her a lot of nice, low greens.

11. Tom & Thomas (GA)

Tom & Thomas (GA) Member

A couple months ago I discovered the Orijin dry treats. Thos absolutely adores them and gets a few after every test/shot. Sometimes, to help make sure he'll eat, crumbled on top of his food.

I think we just hit a bad cycle of getting mutually stressed over the testing. The last couple have been OK.

12. Rosie & Bailey

Rosie & Bailey Well-Known Member

Glad it's better.
    Bailey has done that in waves. We are currently on a good wave where she is letting me test and shoot with no problems. It was getting ugly for a while there, though.

13. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Looking at the nadirs they are in the 80-90 range, which is good, but there probably is room there to nudge the dose up and bring the overall range down. With TR you are aiming for nadirs in the 50-80 range.

All that said you're doing a great job and he's looking great overall, you could give him a few more cycles to see if he'll bring the range down himself, keep watching those nadirs, don't wait too long if they start to trend up.

14. Tom & Thomas (GA)

Tom & Thomas (GA) Member

Thanks for the encouragement, and kind words!

I do struggle some with how long to let a dose cook. Whether or not I'll get any more drop out of the dose.

The last two days with nothing under 80 have been a nice little break from serial tests and fretting, especially today being totally flat. Now I think it's time to nudge up.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  15. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

It's not easy to judge when.
    There is nothing wrong with the numbers he's in right now, and whether you take him up or not is up to you. Both Bobbie and I have mostly aimed to get our boys into the 50-80 range as this is the range where remission is more likely. But there have been times in our journey where we have chosen to keep them in a slightly higher range, say when we have had a vacation planned, work or life has got particularly hectic, or if we have been sick and not been able to monitor as closely as we would want to. Giving yourself a bit more head room to keep him safe is fine.

If you look at his nadirs, it does seem that they are creeping up ever so slightly, but there's not much in it, that's why both Bobbie and I would er towards an increase. But it's not cut and dry, if you wanted to hold on for a couple more cycles, there is nothing wrong with that, especially if you're both experiencing some stress/tension, give yourselves a little break, but just don't take your eye of the ball.

16. Bobbie And Bubba

That is really good advice.

17. Tom & Thomas (GA)

Tom & Thomas (GA) Member

Thanks so much, both of you, for your kindness and good advice. We bumped the dose up this morning.