2/7 Blaze amps 128 +3 69 +5.5 183 PMPS 113 +2 68 +3 92

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sarah and Blaze, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Sarah and Blaze

Sarah and Blaze Well-Known Member

2. Sarah and Blaze

Good morning!:)

We started 0.25U this morning, after earning the reduction last night. It such a small amount of insulin, I hope it works!

Hsve a good day everyone!

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  3. Sarah and Blaze

+3 was 69:D
    Of course I have a CPR renewal class from 9:00-12:00 today so that +3 test was right before I left the house. I left higher carb food in the auto feeder.

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Congrats on the reducie. I hope Blaze surfs safely today.

Sarah and Blaze likes this.
  5. Sarah and Blaze

Thanks Carla! Hoping this reduction works out. Hope you have a good day!

6. Sarah and Blaze

+5.5 is 183. Woah:eek:

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  7. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

It might be that higher carb food you left down.

8. Sarah and Blaze

I think so. MC doesn’t usually bring him up that much so I was surprised.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  9. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I don't see where he earned a reduction last night - did he go below 50 or 40? Am I missing something on his SS?

I just looked again and I see the 43 now - however have you considered the three times below 50 or once below 40 as a way of holding his dose a bit longer? We started doing that since Luci doesn't hold reductions well...especially if they're too close together.

Just something to consider for next time. I wouldn't change his dose now.

Do you have your calipers for measuring that .25 dose - it's tiny isn't it??? :)

10. Sarah and Blaze

He earned the reduction last night with the +2.5 test at 43, so we started the 0.25U today.

I haven’t considered the earned reductions with three times under 50 or once under 40 because I thought that was for more experienced people? This month will be 6 months of Blaze being diagnosed as diabetic so I assumed we were still considered new to diabetes. And Blaze has been holding reductions pretty well lately so it hasn’t been brought up as something to try. Blaze has been on the 0.5U dose since 1/20/20 (18days) and he was on the 0.75U dose for 8 days before that, so he seems to be doing okay with holding doses, I would think? Is that right? It doesn’t seem like he’s earning reductions back to back, as far as I can tell? I’m not sure?

I’m going to give this new dose some time to see how he does, and if we have to go back up to .5U and adjust how he earns reductions, then that’s what we’ll do!

I don’t have calipers, I just pulled the syringe between the .5 line and the .1 line, is that right? It’s such a tiny amount of insulin, I hope it works. But Blaze has been the kind of cat to take up to 10 cycles to show how stuff on a new dose so I’m going to be patient:nailbiting:

11. Sarah and Blaze

Should I get calipers? How is it used?

12. Judy and Freckles

Judy and Freckles Well-Known Member

Sarah and Blaze likes this.