2/7 Loudogg AMPS 203 +4 218 +7 236 PMPS 260 +7.25 208 +9 158 - Yet another blizzard...

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Amanda and a Loudogg, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

February 6, 2019 Condo - The never-ending bounce...

Good morning all!
    I think I'm just full of piss and vinegar this morning! We are currently in the midst of yet another blizzard, and the clinics yet again think it's okay not to close (WHY!?!). I got stuck in the street this morning right off my driveway. They haven't plowed our street at all since it started snowing yesterday (and we got at least 5-6 inches), which is not like them. I couldn't even get moving with 3 of my neighbors helping, one with his snowblower. Finally I was at least able to get back into my driveway and I decided to call off work. Come to find out, they decided at 0700 am to close the clinics until 1000 am. I think my bosses expect me to try to come in again. But why the hell would they wait until 0700 to close for a few hours when a good portion of the clinic personnel were already en route?! :facepalm: I don't know why I ever thought it would be a good idea to work in healthcare. I was just trying to get away from customer service and obviously not thinking things through. :rolleyes: So, who knows if I'll be going to work today. I've actually never been stuck like that before and now I'm really terrified of getting stuck further from home.

Sigh.

On another frustrating note, this is apparently the bounce that will not end. I'm not sure Lou's ever bounced for so long. At this point, this is cycle 6 since he's last seen greens. Today's PM cycle will be the 6th since the bounce started. I hope he gets to work today finally or else he'll be getting an increase tomorrow.

I hope you all have a wonderful day and your kitties surf safely! Stay safe out there!

2. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Here, we got some freezing drizzle last night (enough to coat my car) then it switched over to snow. I don't know how much we already got, but we were under a forecast for 8-12". My office building is on a hill so we have a view of all the vehicles sliding down the street or struggling to make it up the street. It's funny... until we have to venture out to our cars then it's scary.

Lou, time to come back down.

3. Rosie & Bailey

Rosie & Bailey Well-Known Member

Amanda, I hope you stay safe today. Driving in snow is terrifying. I agree that management needs to consider employee safety when making decisions on whether or not to close, and those decisions need to be made in a timely manner. This also applies to universities.

I hope Lou clears the bounce today.
    :bighug::bighug::bighug:

4. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

Stay safe and warm!:bighug:

5. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Hope Lou comes down for u and stay warm and safe, sending u more Florida weather

6. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

We just never know what our Kitties will do from day to day :arghh:
    Come on Lou lets see some green today!:D

tenor (2).gifire.gif

7. Amanda and a Loudogg

Well, thankfully for me (not my bosses), they had come by to plow our streets, but now there's a 12" to 18" wall of packed snow at the end of my driveway. I tried to go at it with the shovel, but no luck. I couldn't even make it look like I tried. So instead of waking Caleb up to snowblow (I have no idea how to use ours), I just stayed home. I'm too jumpy about getting stuck. Now I'm doubly glad I did because they've pulled the plows in our county due to poor visibility. I'm so happy to be home today!

Nothing promising happened with Lou's +4. I'm hoping for better things, but he's just not coming down. Here's hoping he surprises me at +7!

Scary! I absolutely hate trying to maneuver around on ice. I'm absolutely terrified of falling. Stay safe today!

8. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Been there done that. Knowing my car road clearance I know I can't go anywhere if snow is 5" or more because it's to deep for the under carriage to clear.

I bet Lou is glad you are home though.

9. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Some days are just like that! Stay home, stay warm, and tell Lou to start moving toward the lagoon.:cat:
    :)

I have a Subaru Forester, which goes through practically anything. Good car for the North (8+ inches clearance)

10. Amanda and a Loudogg

I've had pretty good luck with my Kia Optima, but I desperately want to get a crossover so I can sit higher up and have 4WD when necessary. I've never been one for big trucks or SVUs, but I think a crossover will work well for me considering I've only ever had sedans. Unfortunately we had to go and buy a house so it'll be a while before I can afford a new car. Someday though. I already can't wait! :joyful:

11. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Lou comes back down for you soon. I'm glad you stayed home. That weather sounds dangerous to go out in.

12. Amanda and a Loudogg

Ugh, another waste of a day. I'm positive at this point that he needs an increase. I had to stop myself from increasing tonight. I figured since he started earning decreases, I better give it the full 6 cycles after the bounce before increasing. We'll be increasing to 3.75u tomorrow morning unless he shocks the hell out of me tonight. :(

13. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

Hear that Lou! You better get to working the juice!
    Glad you got your car back to your drive and got to stay home! Stay warm and safe!