2/7 Ozzy AMPS 270, +2 248, +3 199, PMPS 171, +1 202, +2 181, + 4 156

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ozzy Pawzbourne, Feb 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ozzy Pawzbourne

Ozzy Pawzbourne Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Bumped up Ozzy's dose today to .75U. Hubby stated home with him the first 3 hours to make sure he did ok on the increased dose. AMPS = 270, and +3 =199. So far so good...We will be able to monitor him more tonight.

I'm so super sleepy today. 5;30am rising is kicking my butt!!!

Hope everyone is having a nice day and your kitties are surfing!

Beth 73 likes this.
  2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Good luck with the increase. Nice to see blue today. :cool:

Ozzy Pawzbourne likes this.
  3. Ozzy Pawzbourne

Thanks, and thanks for the suggestions on the increase. We'll see how it goes from here.

Beth 73 likes this.
  4. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

o_O
    Boo on sleepy o_O.....yeah on sweet Hubby :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. Taffysmama

Taffysmama Well-Known Member

Taffy will be seeing an increase tonight as well if he doesn't show me some better numbers. The rains are not working magic this time around!

Your question, "Anyone have bad experiences feeding ziwipeak? I just read some awful surprising stories online."--->>We did not have any awful experience, per se, but I did not like these foods. Too rich for Taffy or something. And looked yucky! I go by looks and smell a lot. Most cat foods are pretty gross, and it seems the expensive, so-called premiums are the ickiest!!!! In our ziwipeak, (which I think I tried the rabbit/lamb) I did not like the white grains I saw, which I assume were possibly calcium, but when I contacted the company, they stated that they did not know what it could be????? Not feeding it to my cat if company cannot even explain the appearance.

6. Ozzy Pawzbourne

@Taffysmama
    I don't know...Ozzy is starting his PM cycle blue... Happy and nervous at the same time. :):nailbiting: But he did get an increase this morning. Come on Taffy- join the party. The water is warm!

Yikes!! I have actually pulled out small pieces of bone in more than one can. ZP is suppossed to be as close to raw as you can get in canned food so I was not too alarmed. Should I be?

Figgie has decided that he does not like ziwipeak- he prefers and loves evo instead. Ozzy likes the ziwipeak. So they both are now getting their own favorites for the PS meal (both have higher calories- need to get the calories in) and then their feeders are filled with weruva chicken and turkey varieties (very low in calories). They also get rad cat mixed in a few meals. I honestly can't believe how difficult the nutritional part is. Sorry to say..but the dry food was so much easier. Well besides contributing to FD and being nutritionally poor! :confused: But we never had any issues like trying to figure out which canned food is best, which one kitty likes best, and which ones dont upset their tummies. Makes your head spin. With how much pet owners are willing to spend on pet food, why are there not better options out there without all the crap in them?? Unbelievable. I really don't even know what to feed anymore. I tried to give weruva only but they don't seem to like it as much. It's really low in calories and just chicken and turkey...maybe not enough flavor. Imagine you had to go on a diet and it was seriously carb restricted and then all you got to eat was chicken breasts. Probably wouldnt be too excited to eat much.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  7. Ozzy Pawzbourne

More on the food dilemma....

Before Ozzy's FD Dx, we had started on half canned half dry for a long time (6-9months) and gave both kitties a ton of different foods to try and they ate all of them with no problems. I just realized that it wasn't until we switched to all canned and started with FF classics only that they started having problems. Then the higher end foods were too much- obviously their tum tums just had too much change. But I think it's interesting to note that they had a lot of variety before and never had these kind of tummy problems when they ate some dry food with it. Not sure how to explain it...it is certainly wierd.

8. Ozzy Pawzbourne

PMPS 171, +1 202. That's quite a food bump. We will see what happens over the next few hours.

9. Adrian and Chino

Adrian and Chino Well-Known Member

Good luck, hope you start seeing better numbers soon!

10. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Hey , Jo....totally relate to the whole food drama thing. I have had to make myself relax over what Elmo is/is not willing to eat on any given day . Like you, before FD dx feeding was a no brainer but now it can be a constant juggling act. I am not very good with going with the flow, I love order and a good degree of predictability but this whole FD dance has sure jerked a knot in my order tail. I am getting better at not letting it upset me but still........... just know I feel ur pain !!! Hugs to you and all your boys :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

11. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

I like seeing more blue on Ozzy's SS. Let's ditch those stinky pinkies, 'k Oz?

My kitties did not like Ziwipeak, either. In fact, they didn't like any Aussie food (except for Cinco, who would eat anything - he knew what it was to be starving). I think it had to do with the consistency. Aussie foods, at least the ones we tried, have a totally different consistency than the foods we are used to in the US. I think Marje fed Ziwipeak and her kitties liked it. So, ECID. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.