2/8 Benny AMPS 124

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Erin & Scott, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Erin & Scott

Erin & Scott Member

Previous

Since switching Benny's diet to LC wet food, we've been trying different foods to find something that he will eat consistently. We used to feed only a small amount of wet food, and only once a day, so it was a real treat for them, regardless of what flavor we gave them (except for pate; that went untouched). Now that it's his regular meal, several times a day, he's gotten a tad finnicky. We'll find something that he really, really seems to love, go out and buy in quantity, only to have him decide he doesn't like it any more.

So we've gotten a variety, including some "wild" flavors such as rabbit and venison, we've given bits of chicken gizzard as treats, and we've also gotten a variety of freeze-dried treats. We know that these guys counter surf after we go to bed at night, but as long as any food is covered/packaged, they've never gotten in to anything.

Yesterday evening, I had given them each a couple of the freeze-dried rabbit bits, then closed up the package and set it on the counter. This morning I found it on the floor, ripped open. It was still nearly full, apparently they hadn't been able to get too much of the contents out, but now we know - everything will go into a cupboard or a drawer! Yesterday Benny snagged a half-empty can of the venison food off of the counter, so I should have known better. I'm afraid we've created a little wild savage!

At least we've been able to get the antibiotic into him without fuss - we grind it into a powder and mix it with a teaspoon of his favorite food, which he wolfs down in a minute, then he gets the rest of his meal. The ear drops were less welcome - it took both of us, one to hold and the other to apply the medicine - but it's only once a day for 10 days, so we'll get through!

Onward!

ETA: Almost forgot - Benny raced me up the stairs when I went to bed last night - first time in months! This used to be a daily game; he'd give me a head start, then zoom past me and hide, then jump out and zoom past me again. I've been inviting him to follow me every night, with no response, so last night seemed like the same thing. I looked to see if he was following but didn't see him anywhere - until I got to the top of the stairs and he zoomed past me, ran to the end of the hall, turned around and zoomed back! Go, Benny, go! So good to see his energy level back to nearly normal!

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019