2/8 Jasper amps (+12.75) 178 +2 368

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Aaron and Jasper, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Aaron and Jasper

Aaron and Jasper Member

2. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Ok, with that 96 last night, keep holding the dose for a couple more days. If the greens stay in 80's and 90's and just once every few cycles, we will discuss increasing to pull all the numbers down.

Thanks for doing the new condo.

3. Aaron and Jasper

Aaron and Jasper Member

+2 368

Well :( Im going to need to give the hold a few more days than that I'd imagine. These numbers have HC influence.

Long story short he's had friskies indoor meaty bits for 5 meals now. It was initially a mistake at the store. When i ran out of pate I went with it thinking it was mc (car in shop, no way to store)

To my dismay I just learned it's about as high carb as friskies goes. So the food spikes are obvious. I know HC wasn't ideal and I'm sorry, but any suggestions/corrections I should consider? Obviously other than food, his meal tonight will be pate

4. Aaron and Jasper

Aaron and Jasper Member

Also, all of the friskies pates seem really high in fat (definitely out of the 20-40% range.)
    While considering carbs of course, is there a better low carb food? Different fat/protein percents? Is that something that is "all cats are different?"

Or for example that fussy cat can be zero carb, would that ever be advisable?

5. Mandy & Rex (GA)

I checked the Meaty Bits and they are 13-14% carbs so they are MC. Do you have pates in stock now?

You could try other foods that are low carbs. But if you need to keep food expenses low, Friskies are your best bet if you get the 13 oz cans. Many of us also avoid feeding fish.

6. Aaron and Jasper

Aaron and Jasper Member

Yes, but this was friskies indoor meaty bits with greens.
    And why not fish?

7. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Oh the indoor ones. Yeah, they are HC.

For me personally, fish is a risk factor for hyperthyroidism and I had a cat with that disease so I worried about the others getting it. Mercury is also part of it.