2/8 Zazzy PMPS 82 Stalled, 92 @ +20min, 97 @ +40min

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Zazzy, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Zazzy

Zazzy Member

PMPS is 82 (retested immediately to check accuracy and got 80). Stalling 20min then will recheck. This is the second time we've stalled PMPS in just a couple of days, but she hasn't earned a reduction yet? I'll be curving her next week on one of my days off.
    Pending what her stall reading is, what should I dose? I won't be able to stay up testing all night as I work very early tomorrow morning.

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Have you looked at the Dosing Methods Sticky Notes and decided which dosing method you'd like to follow? One method, SLGS would have you reduce the dose by 0.25 units if you go under 90. The other method, the Tight Regulation protocol, would have you hold the dose.

Mimis mom likes this.
  3. Mimis mom

Mimis mom Well-Known Member

In my experience I wouldn’t skip shots. I would just do the regular shot and then get a +1 and +2 to see if they are rising or not.
    if you see the times you’ve skipped kitty went into the 300s not too long later. I just get nervous skipping because it puts them at risk for DKA, which happened to Mimi. (She also didn’t eat and had pancreatitis)

Do you have HC MC food on hand in case there’s a drop?

4. Zazzy

Zazzy Member

I have read the thread. I think SLGS would be more optimal given my work schedule as it requires less mid cycle dosing (although I try to test where I can when I'm home regardless). However, she still mainly trends in the high 200-low 300 range so I don't want to do a full reduction, which is more of a TR method.
    Once I do her curve next week I'll post and see what more experienced members think for dosage. My other concern is my husband gives her shots no problem, but he cannot test her (she's VERY finicky), so I can't risk her going hypo while I'm at work.

5. Wendy&Neko

We don't mix and match dosing methods. Whichever one you choose, could you put SLGS or TR in your signature? So we can stop asking. ;) And there is no harm and a lot of good for doing extra spot tests when following SLGS. Remember, we determine how to change the dose based on how low it takes the cat. Sounds like SLGS might fit you better (your call though), which would mean reducing to 0.75 units. However, SLGS also says not to shoot below 90. So you can either stall until Zazzy comes up over 90, or skip tonight.

Zazzy likes this.
  6. Zazzy

Zazzy Member

I definitely agree on not wanting to skip completely due to her running high after. She's just been so all over the place :facepalm:
    I don't have any HC or MC on hand atm (planning to get some when I get paid next week). We have honey or syrup for emergencies, but she's never been low enough to need it yet.

7. Mimis mom

Mimis mom Well-Known Member

You defined need to get a can or two of HC at least.
    Honey and syrups don’t last as long. Do you know the carb percentage you’re feeding her now?

Fancy feast is about 88 cents a can. I can’t stress how important it is to have one or two on hand, in case there was a drop. If that ever happens you would post on here any put 911 next to it- someone experienced will help you through it, but you need to have the supplies ready.

8. Wendy&Neko

Been almost 20 minutes, could you retest? I presume you have not fed yet?

9. Zazzy

Zazzy Member

Have not fed. Just retested, will update thread title. She's at 92 now. So if I do SLGS she would earn a reduction, would I still shoot the full (now reduced) dose of 0.75u?

10. Wendy&Neko

How much longer can you stay up testing? She may be breaking a bounce, making the cycle more interesting. Another option is a reduced dose tonight and back to 0.75 units tomorrow morning. But the 1.0 unit depot could still make the first part of the cycle busy.

Mimis mom likes this.
  11. Zazzy

Zazzy Member

I will be up a few more hours, but not past about +4 at this point if I shoot. We are ok to adjust her schedule as my husband will be home to shoot tomorrow morning, but her AMPS test would be at about +10 due to my work schedule and us delaying tonight (we're about an hour past usual shot time).

12. Zazzy

Zazzy Member

I'm also wondering if she's dropping low during the day, which is why she's been so all over the place. Possibly bouncing and I'm missing it? So maybe when we reduce back to 0.75 she will flatten out a bit more.

13. Zazzy

Zazzy Member

Just tested again and she's at 97. Not rising quickly at all. I'm thinking either skip or a reduced dose (0.25?) tonight then start with a 0.75u dosage tomorrow?

14. Wendy&Neko

Your call. But if you shoot, I would still get a +2. If it's lower than preshot, you may still have to stay up later. Of course, she could bounce too.

15. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

You said,
    When you delay a shot, the next shot is due 12 hours later. You can move the shot time by 15 min at each shot time or by 20 min once a day.

If you want to stay on schedule, you can skip. If you shoot a reduced dose, you still need to adjust your shot time.

Wendy&Neko likes this.
  16. Zazzy

Zazzy Member

I think we will be skipping. I don't have enough experience shooting low numbers to feel confident since I won't be up with her all night. We'll reduce to 0.75u tomorrow. Next time maybe I'll get a chance if she has better timing :D

17. Wendy&Neko

Good call. You still might want to get a test in an hour after supper. That data might be useful in the future if you see another low preshot number.

18. Zazzy

Zazzy Member

Yes! I actually just told my husband I'll test at least once more tonight. Thank you :)

19. Wendy&Neko

Your welcome. Most important, Zazzy is safe.