2/9 Meme AMBG 120, PMBG 169 numbers going crazy

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by rawia, Mar 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rawia

rawia Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/2-7-meme-ambg-110-pmbg-133-update.192221/#post-2145668

Meme still struggling with this constipation, usally it took around 3 days but this time it takes long time. Yesterday she just theough a hairball which relief her stomach and her appetite is much much better this morning, i thought this will bring her numbers down but no:(.

When i it is an alarm to visit the vet. She is eating and everything but i do not know for how long should i wait??

Also should i hold the insulin as well or get back?

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

All of that can have an effect on the bg as you know. Can you get a test in 2-3 hours after eating to see if the bg comes back down?

3. rawia

rawia Member

I will retest but yesterday she was all blue , i thought that this hairball caused the cnstipation and it will go by the morning but still.

4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I was never lucky enough for Max to go into remission so please see what others say but I’d be inclined to start a drop again.

5. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

I’d put her back on the drop dose for now. It could be the constipation but don’t want the bg's to get out of control. You can always try the trial again when things settle down.

6. rawia

rawia Member

She goes down to 75 but i want this constipation to go away so i can decide. I think she is ready but this situation just make her numbers go up and down.

7. Doodles & Karen

Wow, IDK....it's obvious her pancreas is working. :confused: @Wendy&Neko what do you think?

8. rawia

rawia Member

Thought to give her more days but if you are all think that it is better i will do it.

We are just not that lucky :rolleyes:.

I will see after that if her numbers will come back to green so we can decide if she is ready again.

9. rawia

rawia Member

I just want to know if this situation need a vet vist for constipation or just wait as long as she acting normal!!

I start pumpkin today

10. Doodles & Karen

Hopefully others will chime in. I’m just not sure with her getting down to 75 on her own.

If she’s eating and acting normal I’d give her a few more days to go potty. You are with her and able to make the call whether a vet visit is needed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.