2018-04-03 Emmett - PM Dose Advice? - AMPS (21.8/392) +1 (20.9/376) +11 (GREEN -- 4.8/86) +12 4.2/76

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Rob W. & Emmett, Apr 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rob W. & Emmett

Rob W. & Emmett Member

2. Rob W. & Emmett

Rob W. & Emmett Member

Now at 4.2/76 ...

3. Rob W. & Emmett

Rob W. & Emmett Member

I dosed....

Reduced by 0.25 as I'm pretty sure he went a little lower.

Anyway, dosed him 3.5 iu. I will be watching him.

R

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  4. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hey Rob, I just popped on now and sorry I missed your post. Had I seen it, I would of said , can you monitor tonight? Do you have plenty of test strips and higher carb food for steering? If so , I would have said, "Shoot!" This is what you have been waiting for. Looks like this was the break through dose. I understand you being a bit nervous to shoot your first green and I can understand you wanting to reduce it a bit because of being a bit nervous. But, he had been on the 3.75 dose for 7 cycles and the depot was filled. By reducing it tonight might not make any difference because the higher depot of 3.75 will be talking. So, monitor closely.

Get a +1 and a +2 to see where the cycle is heading. Because he is new to greens, he will likely bounce up tonight, but we can't assume that because he's a cat :rolleyes: Post if you need help

And these are for you my friend, the coveted BOS for shooting your first green ever!

upload_2018-4-3_18-33-57.png

5. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Sorry nobody was on before your shot. He may have gone lower, but you don’t know so he technically wouldn’t earn a reduction. You did shoot a falling number, so I would keep testing and get a +1 and +2 and be prepared to steer if he keeps dropping. It looks like his onset is around +2 but he has dropped at +1 before, so keep that in mind. I hope he surfs green for you! :D

6. Rob W. & Emmett

Rob W. & Emmett Member

Thanks for the replies. I didn’t want to wait much longer than I did so I had to decide. I didn’t want it affecting my morning dose time too much.

Anyway, will monitor closely tonight. I have some Wellness gravy food ...quite high in carbs.

I know he didn’t technically didn’t earn a reduction. But we’ll see what happens.

What to do tomorrow morning is the question. In all likelihood he’ll probably bounce tonight. But if not, do I go back to 3.75 or 3.5 iu? Hmmm...

7. Bobbie And Bubba

Let's see how this cycle plays out. If he bounces to the moon, which I suspect he will, I would go back to the 3.75 dose because he didn't technically earn a reduction and he is likely to bounce for a few cycles and you don't want to lose momentum.

8. Rob W. & Emmett

Rob W. & Emmett Member

+1, 5.3/95

R

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  9. Bobbie And Bubba

Get a +2 also. If he goes down, give a tsp or 2 or low carb food to slow him down a little.

10. Rob W. & Emmett

Rob W. & Emmett Member

+2, 4.7/85

11. Bobbie And Bubba

Surf Emmett! It would be lovely if he would just stay flat and surf. Can you hang with him and get a +3 to know if he is going to continue to go down? If so, you'd need to start giving him some food to prop him.

12. Bobbie And Bubba

Have you gotten a +3 yet?

13. Bobbie And Bubba

I just peeked at the SS and see that he is holding at 88. I hope he continues to surf for you. This is a wonderful thing to see that he has "snapped" and is seeing some better numbers. :) How are you holding up Daddy?

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  14. Rob W. & Emmett

Rob W. & Emmett Member

I'm fine, thanks, I'm use to staying up late, and it's just good to see some greens. Emmett seems pretty content right now. Will get a +4 shortly.

Flat would be nice but we'll see how it goes.

I know I'm looking ahead but I want to be ready for tomorrow.

If he by some miracle of the cat gods has a BG number around where he is now do I continue with the same dose of 3.75 or should I go with 3.5? I know I'm supposed to hold the dose for x days. I'm not supposed to reduce the dose until he stays below 100 for a week?

R

15. Rob W. & Emmett

Rob W. & Emmett Member

16. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

17. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

That is one way to earn a reduction on TR, the more other way is if he goes below 50 at any point.

That was a really nice run! Well done, Emmett! :D He is likely to bounce, so don’t be too concerned if you wake up to a high number, he will go back down again eventually.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.